FILMS

• 39 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Well lets hear from people what their three best films are of all times, thinking caps on, some of us are older than others,  and can go back over quiet a few years.

• Hi Ellie and everyone, as usual it's good morning/night from me. It is very expensive to go to the cinema now and you only get to see one film.

Did you know, you can get a card for disabled you pay £6 annually and if a carer (or anyone) goes with you, you both get in for the price of 1 ticket. It is called a CEA card and you can apply online! It was the Occupational Therapist in the Marie Curie Hospice who told me about it! It's worth a look!

Ellie, the Odeon cinema my dad was the manager in used to have a Saturday Morning Kids Club that was great. I think Rob Rogers horse was called Silver and Tonto was the Indian sidekick of The Lone Ranger. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will put me right!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette, you've almost scored 100% for that, but with a twinkle in my eye I am replacing one letter only and it's the b with a y to make it Roy Rogers WinkDisappointed 

Tvman xx 

Love life and family.
  • What about the perils of pauleen 

• Thanks Tvman for correcting my mistake, Im confused now, it was the horse's name I got wrong!  ROY Rodgers had a horse called Trigger and it was the Lone Ranger who's Rose was Silver. As in "Hi Ho Silver Away"!!

Ulls, Now you've got me, I've never heard of that picture! Was it 19canteen or modern?

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • It was part of 3 films we watched at the saterday after kids show in the 50s

• Saw him at Leeds Arena. He was great, though could hardly stand up and wobbled a lot. Then shortly after it was announced he had Parkinsons and had stopped touring. Voice was still  amazing though.  Rainie x

• Would have to say - only what I can think of at the moment. Next week it'd be different.

2.The Animals Film

3. Sunset Boulevard

So very difficult.

Rainie x

• Hi, don't think I saw the last thread about films so I'm answering this one.

Indiscreet - with Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. Cary Grants Highland dancing is hilarious.

The 7 year itch - with Marilyn Monroe and Tom Ewell, the one with the dress blowing scene.

Sleeping Beauty - Disney. My daughter's first Disney film we bought on VHS video. "Touch the spindle, touch it I say". Appeals to my wicked witch side.

Merry Christmas and all the best to all us incurables for 2023

A x