FILMS

• 39 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Well lets hear from people what their three best films are of all times, thinking caps on, some of us are older than others,  and can go back over quiet a few years.

•  Aren't spats some time of fish spats to catch a mackerel

• It's not a criticism, but we had this discussion before, 5 months ago!

Name Your Films 

I only remember because I'm not a film buff, but thinking about "my film" jogged my memory! 

• You have better ideas

• We are all old with early onset demen whatever. We did have this before but we have new people who havnt seen this and dead people who have left some empty places. I asked Ellie to do it again so down to me, apologies. Xxx

• Do not apologies, they are not a film buff, so why go on the thread.

I will not ever try again to get people, together,

• All a misunderstanding, please blame me not each other. I am only useful for looking stupid!

• Ellie, don't stop! My favourite films, which may or may not be one's I've claimed before, are Cinema Paradiso, Moulin Rouge and Green Mile. I also like Stardust and have a box set of the Star Trek films. 

Sarah 

• Hi Ellie, Please don't EVER stop trying!

Well, I'm going to make all you Film Buffs jealous because my dad was a cinema manager so I used to see all the films free of charge. Then when I met my soul mate, we both took part time jobs in the cinema to save to get married. I was an usherette and he was a doorman! Does anyone else remember when you were actually shown to you seat at the cinema??

I liked "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" with Sidney Poitier, Sparticus with Kirk Douglas and The Awakenings although it made know difference how many times I saw the last two, I cried every time!! I have lots of favourites. I loved the music from Dr Zivago, The Vikings, 633 Squadron, & To Sir With Love.. Sometimes the music was better that the picture!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Oh Annette, yes i do, in the stalls, ne and ninepence, could not afford the circle.

Well you brought back a memory. Tom and i was on our Honeymoon, and we went to see 633 Squadron,  that was a long time ago lol.

Can still see the  usherette in her uniform. with torch, xx

• Hi Ellie, Yes it was a very long time ago but it was a terrific soundtrack! I was lucky enough to get some "stills" of my favourite actors, remember the ones that were advertising the film on now and the films coming soon! I had pictures of Dirk Bogart, Steve McQueen, Michael Craig, William Holden and lots more. Then, they were proper photographs, signed by the actors, nowadays they are computer generated! Do you also remember you got to see an A film then the Intermission, plus what's coming next week, then you got to watch a B film.

At least you got your monies worth in those days!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!