SO SORRY

• 19 replies
  • 58 subscribers

Hello Everyone,

I am so sorry to tell you that Rameses died this morning (Thursday). Aged just 61 years. He had a terrible ten days. It started when he felt very I'll and breathless. He called his GP and was told to go straight to A&E. It took them 20 hours to admit him because he had a run in with a junior doctor he had seen before and who made a mess of taking out a drain from his lung.

He was in hospital for a week and then sent home with a course of antibiotics, oxygen and pain killers. The palliative care nurse suggested he went into St Giles Hospice to try to get the pain under control. Like a lot of people who had only been diagnosed a few months ago, he was shocked and was under the impression hospices were where you went to die, so he said he didn't want to go to the hospice. 

Jill, his wife of less than two months, although they had been together 17 years, told me the scans were good but they were still waiting for one more result. He took a turn for the worse early Thursday morning and passed away. She asked me to thank on Jude's (Rameses) behalf, the people who befriended and helped him on the site. Especially Artistic Artist, Ellie73, Max66, Stalyvegas and Ulls and anyone else he chatted to.

He was trying to survive until next spring for his youngest daughter's graduation. I'm so sorry he didn't make it!