The bugger's back

• 18 replies
  • 52 subscribers

Hi All

Well, I had my CT scan last week and my meeting with my Onc yesterday confirmed the cancer's back in my liver and lungs. Absolutely gutted as scan at the end of May showed metastatic deposits were hardly visible (I saw the scan myself)

Anyway, starting an immunotherapy treatment Pembrolizumab and Lenvatinib in 3/4 weeks seems recently approved in UK and trials still being done for different cancers. Still aiming for the stable mable club but looking unlikely - perhaps 2 years?!!

I'm still reeling from the news, just thinking on 17th September 2020 I was just about to have my hysterectomy, still in a state of disbelief that I had cancer.

Sending hugs to all, Barb xx

• So sorry to hear your news you keep fighting on they will do all they can for you we all have set backs hope you get back in the stable Mabel club huge hugs xxx

Flippen
  • Hi Barb, same thing happened to me and just when you’re doing so well in the stable Mable club it knocks you for six! It’s great you can have immunotherapy though. Keep up the fight, will be thinking of you.

Much love xx

• Hi Barb

so sorry to hear that. Immunotherapy can yield remarkable results in some cases so don’t give up. I have found it to be much, much kinder than chemo. I have everything crossed for you.

Nigel xx

• Sending hugs....and fingers crossed immuno will work for you!!!

• obviously i know everybody is different but i had several areas of mets following kidney cancer including my lungs and with immunotherapy they have shrunk dramatically. lets all hope for the same for you xx

• Hi Barb,

Hope the immunotherapy gives you the results you want.

I'm on Pembromizulab, but not the other one you mentioned. Is that the one that's new?

Xxx

• Hi . I don't think it's new but it's being combined with Pembrolizumab and has been very effective so far. Lenvatinib is a targeted therapy drug, an angiogenesis inhibitor (whatever that is!) and a cancer growth inhibitor drug. Reading the paperwork it's got a few nasty side effects but can't be worse than chemo. It's a tablet that's taken daily. Just can't to wait to get a start date. This thing inside feels like it's growing daily!

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• I took lenvatinib for 7 months and had to stop because of high blood pressure.

it didn’t work for me but has helped a lot of people with my cancer and with thyroid cancer

Ruth