Name Your Films

• 62 replies
  • 49 subscribers

To Hot for a Party, to hot to cut the Grass, so what films would you watch that you have seen a few Times

Mie Dirty Dancing oh yes (makes me smile and giggle) 

Green Mile Tom Hanks

Miracle on 34th Street.

Lets get an idea of what peoples choices are. Look foward in anticipation 

Ellie x

• Only one thing, i cannot get in the fridge, full of Kit Kats, might have to buy a chest fridge, so get more of a crunch, as melting,

• If it was me looking to treat you I would have looked ahead and bought you a nice freezer to go with your gifts. 

That's the difference between a penny pinching northerner and a well mannered South London chap.

Give the kitkats to the foxes and I will be round with suitable confectionary!

• I have two freezers,  though they are  upright, but need chest one, i can get in that,  if i was in an upright one i would look like, a mummy.

• Right have my glad rags on, jewellery all set to rock and roll, that's the  saying, those where the days, my friends.

• We thought they'd never end. Sing it Mum!

• I see your off on an hanns Christian Andersen trip again, looking in Ellie's fridge of course you did!!! And Ellie's smart enough to spot that, so try again, honestly some guy's.

What's a clapped out mower got to do with anything Thinking

• I wonder if there is a sifi movie about robot mowers taking over the world.

As for films I like Star wars 

• Yes, got me there, a sharp blow to my nether regions. Be a bit more gentle in future, I'm not well you know!

• Getting back the the question in hand " Batteries not Included "is a lovely film about robotic drone type things setting the world of an old couple living in a threatened block of flats to right - lovely and sentimental and funny. So nearly about lawn mowers

Favourite films, so many. Watched Thelma and  Louise the othr night. Brilliant and has aged  well.

Funny , laugh out loud and completely batty is " Hunt for the Wilderpeople" . NZ film with Sam Neill,

I like foreign films and used to go every sat night to local art house cinema which hasnt reopened, sadly, since pandemic.  Korean film, " Spring, summer, autumn wintr and spring" is beautiful cinematically and has Buddhist theme.

Green Mile makes me cry and thats me with swinging brick in my chest saying that.

There are hundreds of good films, but like books, my head clears out the names once watched unless they really stand out.

xx

• Got a "do i want to contniue " message for that. Cant see why. But made me think of another lovely film, which is the only film i ever saw get a standing ovation at the cinema " Pride", about miners and LGBT community during strikes - laugh out lioud at times, poignant too.