What are you coming back as?

• 150 replies
  • 54 subscribers

Now I dont believe in reincarnation or karma, but on a sleepless night in the heat I started to think aout what I would like to come back as if I had any choice. Its a while since we had a new thread to add our thoughts to. To be truthful at the moment I feel like a brown shrivelled husk due to the relentless heat, Anyway after contemplating lots of beautiful creatures, I decided I would really like to come back as a huge"mother " tree in some far distant forest, where chainsaws  are forbidden. A tree growing for hundreds of years, connecting to all the other trees of the forest through the rhizomes of fungi which connect them all, pass on messages, threats, support etc. In fact if I could be an Ent ( as in Lord of the R ings,then that would be even better, then I could squash to destructive machinery of man as soon as it was heard) . The whole new science of trees, fungi, connections and the wood wide web is endlessly fascinating - we know so little and yet are learning so much ( well some people are, others like far too many politicians and public are oblivious to our interconnectedness to the rest of nature) If you are interested, I highly reccomnet Merlin Sheldrake's " Entangled life".

I never gave a thought to coming back as a human

What do you want to come back as?