False positive

• 12 replies
  • 48 subscribers

So its been a while since i wrote in this chat room after i was told i had incurable adenocarcinoma. Since then i had my PET scan. I was fully prepared for bad news but the unthinkable happened….no sign of cancer. So then i had an operation where they biopsed all of the lymph nodes in my lungs. They have come back negative which means i do not have cancer at after all. As you can imagine its been a rollercoaster of emotions mostly happiness but also a lot of guilt. Guilt for putting my family and friends through this. But also guilt about chatting in this group that no one wants to be in. I just want to thank you all for the support and i wish all of you the very best in your treatment journeys xxx

• Oh wow that is such fantastic news. So very pleased for you. A very rare instance where someone escapes for this forum. I wish you all the very best

Richard

be safe, be nice, be you 

• So pleased to hear this Gemmsy

You do not have to fill guilty at all, glad the roller coaster was a short ride, and you got of it, and now you can keep your feet on the ground.

Take Care Ellie x

• The very best news that we all love to hear. You, your friends and family can take a deep breath. Pop back when you have got over the shock and let us know what it's like in the normal world. Xx

• Hi , what unbelievable news. No need to feel guilty, you weren't st fault. If it were me, I'd be wanting the head of the hospital to find out why you were falsely diagnosed and put you and your family through immeasurable stress. I'd be cross, really cross.

Well, it was wonderful to have met you and I wish you all the best for you and your family. With my tongue firmly in cheek, I don't want to ever meet you again Joy 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Wow that is the very best of news, now you have to go out and live life to the full.

All the best for the future

Keith 

• What amazing fantastic news for you just shows you that miracles do happen and never give up over the moon for you xxxxxx

Flippen
  • Thank you  Blush! yeh i go back and fourth between angry and happy but im mostly happy. Ive had a written apology and they are looking into how this happened. So i will keep you informed. I dont want anyone else to go thru the same distress i did. Wishing you all the best xx

• Hi, I've just seen this, what terrific news and such a relief for you and your family.

There is no need for you to feel guilty about anything, especially when you were given the wrong information. Someone's head should roll for that!

It is amazing to read such a reversal in diagnosis, it doesn't happen often, so enjoy every day in every way!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • It’s good you have had a written apology and you know where you are Best wishes to you xxx

Ruth 

• Hi Gemmsy, this is wonderful news. I am so happy for you. It has been a terrible ordeal that you have been through, I hope you can put it behind you now, and get on and enjoy your life. xx

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge