One to get thinking caps on for

• 26 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Well over the weekend, have a real hard think, about  of all the inventions that have occurred over time, what would be the one, you wish you had invented.

Just a bit curious, i am still thinking on it.

Have a nice week end.

Ellie x

• I expect people are thinking about the inventions that have helped others rather than an invention that made you loads of money and recognition with a medal.

I am not going to say penicillin or something like that, I would nominate the tractor. Used worldwide and has removed the backbreaking effort of field work. Affordable and easily fixable.

That's my brain used up. Can't wait to see what everyone else thinks.

• Penicillin was a discovery not an invention. Native Americans had used it for centuries on wounds in an unrefined state. So many similar things are also discoveries and stumbled on by serendipidy. Shall we exclude discoveries? I suppose some things are a bit of each. Sorry, being pendantic perhaps.

If sticking to inventions, I suppose I'd nominate glass. Once we'd invented that we went onto make lenses, microscopes and tons of other things that led to more and more discoveries. Medical advancement had to have glass.

Rainie x

• Yes rainie, inventions or discoveries, for me to ask this question, i was looking at what one did i think has helped and what we have all benefitted from every one is going to have their own opinion, thought it would be interesting to find out.

• Trust you Noberry you need a glass to put your false teeth in.

• Sorry Ellie, just can't help myself. It was a bit highbrow for me but I did think about it!

You know I only have two O levels, what on earth did you think someone like me would think of.

I know people who would give their football team as a genuine answer!

Lost, sheep, bo, peep.

• More contributions please or I am likely to get the trophy. 

Hot diggerty. Dry, soup.

• , i have been many times thinking about how someone could come up with a Fax, i mean do you sit there and think how can i send a page somewhere else??? It really fascinated me...

And i would like to have invented the moblie phone...and then never told anyone...would like people to talk face to face to each other not on the crap phone. Even if you go to doc all the older ppl staring at there phone...hate it.

• Has to be the internet, without which so many friends on here and support would be missing.  Can you imagine how isolating that would be. Dr Google has it’s pitfalls but also so many benefits, all the series I watch going through chemo, online shopping, the ability to work from home, without which I expect I would have only worked part time. My team are spread across the globe India, France, Scotland, north and south England plus occasional American input.  None of this would be possible. 

The other sad fact is that without the internet I wouldn’t have been able to watch 5 series of friends 

• And how else would you be able to see what you were doing when you have to pluck out your nose hairs?  Rainie x