Post Results

• 162 replies
  • 52 subscribers

An idea, I hope with some merit.

Our lives revolve around blood tests, scans etc. People do post that they have a scan in two weeks or whatever, everyone reading the post thinks 'I must ask after this' then the dates get lost or the memory fails.

We are all desperately worried and interested or just nosy about these results so we can discuss or sympathise or support.

How about posting your results on the day or the next day when they are received? You can still post advanced plans but this way everyone is current.

I think its a great idea but I do have an inflated sense of my own importance. This could be my swansong legacy when I get thrown off for using grammar after my name! Mind you, I'm not doing that anymore.

Norberry  ... dandelion, postie, hoare frost.

• Well the time has come and i did get my CT results today ......all good all the same, woohoo, still stable mable !!!! 

Diagnosed October 2015...terminal!!! No op ...Thanks Immuno Therapy!!!

• Hi Pet

That’s brilliant news! Long may it continue for you! My consultant says immunotherapy is a wonder drug solution for some patients. 

I am now on my second month off nivolumab. Getting some thyroid side effects which they trying to sort out but otherwise it’s pretty kind. Scan booked for end of May to see whether it is working for me. 

best wishes

Nigel x

• Phone call yesterday instead of going in to the clinic due to covid cases increasing.  
    First CT scan after ipi/nivo started.  Both tumours showing shrinkage.  I'm my consultants best responder he tells me.  But I am sad for this continual fog that's hanging over me.  My Consultant is moving on to a new job and I'll be getting handed over to new consultant.  More change.  Urgh! 

• Hi Nigel, i got the Thyroid problem to, but got meds now for it...all good. Took a while to get under control ( 3 Years lol )

• That’s great news as well! It seems that immunotherapy only works for some but when it does it can be so effective. I am really pleased for you.

Nigel x

• , That's great news. I understand about the fog hanging over us but we do get sunny clear days. Horrible to lose a Consultant you like and trust, hopefully new one will be good too.

Hugs, Barb xx

Community Champion Badge

Womb cancer forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

"Never lose hope. Storms make people stronger and never last forever” - Roy T Bennett

• Congrats Mmmmmum. The sun will burn off that fog in short order.  Xxx

• What a great result. Loads of the same will follow. Stable Mabel, we love it. Xx

• Well, i can join Stable Mabel Club, its everything else that is going wrong, you can not win, i suppose we should have an old person club, i will be the first to join.

Have a good day every one.

Ellie x

• You will be the president. No one will argue with an 80 year old. What is your secret to your long life?