First time since marriage

• 12 replies
  • 46 subscribers

Hi friends 

Mrs Tvman and I have had a great Christmas at home with our son who lives at home still, and our eldest son and his new wife (not that he had one before). It has been made extra special because we haven't seen her since she married our son in La Paz, Bolivia, where she is from..They met at uni in Aberdeen and fell in love as you do.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to travel to Bolivia to see the wedding on account of my flipping blood cancer, my haematologist had told me I shouldn't go out of Europe in case my condition worsened. I was prepared to travel there but my son talked me out of it as he said that if anything happened to me he would never be able to forgive himself. Fair enough I thought.

After the wedding, the pandemic erupted and my son wasn't able to leave Bolivia for months, and his wife's application for a visa into the UK dragged on for 17 months. All obstacles out of the way, they travelled from Aberdeen on the 21st and they're leaving on the 30th. We've had the Christmas to never forget!

Take care and stay safe everyone

Tvman xx