Latest phone appointment

• 25 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi all

Had a result call on Thursday, apparently cells have spread rapidly since previous scan 3 months ago.

They are now in chest bone - and pancreas and lung & bum have multiplied. 

She suggested I start thinking about palliative chemo as things speeding up. Primary tumour (sarcoma) still same no change but cells need slowing down

The choice is mine. I have a heart test Monday to see if I can have chemo. 

Am still active daily and making most of my time but the chemo is a hard decision - she’s left it to me to decide and notify team. 

Pass the wine Wink

• Hi Ruth

I hope radiotherapy helps, I had palliative on original tumour last year and have had no pain since. Just a lot of recent pain in hip now !

Yes it all seems geared to staff not patients and we suffer xx

Liposarcoma and practicing positive mental attitude 
  • Oh Lilly, the travelling sounds horrendous. I feel exhausted after the hour it takes to get into my hospital, so I really feel for you having to undertake this trek. Sending you love and hugs. Rainie x

• I've been thinking of you Ruth and hope the radiotherapy brings you much needed relief from the headaches. Are there any other drugs that you could combine with the morphine to enhance the effect?  Take care, Rainie x

• I have zomorph twice a day and take oramorph when it gets bad. I also take regular paracetamol 

Ruth 

• My Gp advised me some time ago to take ibuprofen with the paracetamol (same amounts). I can testify that it did enhance the effect of the paracetamol. (this was for headaches caused by spinal/nerve pain). I can't say it obliterated the pain but it did help.  Big hugs. Rainie x