Home sweet home

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 12 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi all,

Just got home from chemo, what a day staff wonderful, just tired and having a cup of tea

Xx

• Hope you feel ok

X

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Devon cat, 

so glad your home, hope your feeling ok, rest my darling , xxx Max

• Hi Hope you enjoyed your cup of tea and the rest of your chemo goes smoothly!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

And me on the chemo unit yesterday. I’m glad we both had uneventful sessions and got home safe,

xx

• Great, that's what we want, uneventful treatment all around. How was the journey Daloni, did you find it long, especially on the way home.

Now, tell me people! Is it just me, or does anyone else find these masks very hot after a while? I only wear glasses for reading etc but when I put them on with a mask, my glasses all steam up and I can't see a thing! Anyone else find they have this problem? I've only worn it once so far but I know I would hate it if I wore glasses all the time!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Thanks Annette. The journey home was fine. There wasn’t too much traffic and we made good time. It was nice to see my friend who gave me a lift. We had a good chat having not seen each other for a while during the lockdown.

Don’t talk to me about masks! I find them very hot and bothersome and yes, my glasses steam up too. The main problem I have is hearing what people are saying when they’ve got the masks on. I find communicating with someone wearing a mask incredibly hard. I hadn’t realised how much I rely on looking at the overall face, and the mouth, as I interpret what someone is saying to me. I think it must be very hard for those who are hard of hearing or deaf. 

Xx

• Hello Devon cat,

You look so relaxed, but understand fully why you feel tired. I hope that you will not get to many side effects & that you are resting up now.

Love Georgette xx

• Hi Daloni,

I was pleased to read that your chemo session was uneventful & that you arrived home safely.

Today must be a relaxing one now.

Love Georgette xx

•  Totally agree about the masks,I hate them & yes my specs steam up as well.When I had my first biopsy which was some 6 weeks ago now, the nurse put a mask on before I went in to have the procedure. Strangely though for the more recent biopsy I was not even offered a mask, so had they run out or were they low on stock. Who knows.

I have been to the same hospital many times in the past couple of months for various reasons & I have never worn a mask. There is always someone at the entrance who takes your temperature,& then promptly hand you a wipe in a sealed packet.

Take care,

Georgettexx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Glad all went well and continues to go well

Xx