Hello to the night shift.

• 107 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi and  and anyone else seeing the night out.

I thought I would join the night shift tonight as I'm struggling to get to sleep.  It's been very erratic recently.  I usually get about three good hours then anything after that is in one to two hour bursts.  Unfortunately it leaves me feeling exhausted the next day so I don't get much done.

I hope that you are both doing as well as you can at the moment.  We are a lot more relaxed here now my MIL has gone back to my wife's sisters where she was before getting trapped by the lockdown.  At least I can crash on the settee now during the day.

All the best,

Gragon  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you

and @mclkid @georgette

I think I am on the way up now. I’m staying with my niece this weekend so she will look after me. 

Good luck with your chemo Georgette 

xxx

• Thanks Daloni,

Good to hear that you are having a break with your niece,it will do you good. Pleased you are on the way up out of the doldrums.

My chemo went ok ,dealing with steroids now, otherwise ok. I only hope that my bloods will be ok 2nd of July so that I can have the single agent of Gemsar,on the 3rd.

Take care and stay safe. I hope that you get really spoilt, because you deserve it.

Georgette xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Hi

I am glad to hear your chemo went well.  I know what you mean about dealing with steroids. Ugh. Good luck with the bloods. 

I have been spoiled all weekend and it’s been lovely. We had a lovely day of sunshine which we spent lounging in the garden. My niece has spent her lockdown time giving it a makeover so she was keen to enjoy it. Noodle was hilarious. My niece has a hammock and every time anyone lay down in it she’d jump in too, curl up and go to sleep. Yesterday we went out on my sister’s boat on the Broads. It was very lovely and very relaxing. 

Home today. It will be nice to sleep in my own bed. I’m awake now because I struggle with pain when I lie flat. My own bed is electric so I can prop myself up in the ideal position. 

xxx

• aww Noodle is a cuddle monster, i love that!!! Glad you're got comfort in your own bed, but hey nothing better then getting spoiled over the weekend!!

Pet

• Hi, I was so pleased to hear your weekend was all you expected it to be and you even managed out on the boat without falling in! Lol! As I was reading your post, I was waiting for the "but" as you have had such a hard time of it recently! I was so pleased when I got to the end and there was no But! It's great you were spoiled and it sounds as if Noodle got into the holiday mood too. I hope you and your daughter had a smooth trip home and are at present, fast asleep in your own comfortable bed. I too have an Adjustomatic bed and it is brilliant! Time to have a pj day if you are tired after your busy weekend!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi daloni,

You sound as if you had a really fun weekend,which is great. I laughed when I read about Noodle getting in the hammock.

I love the broads.so quite envy you regarding that. I used to live on the edge of Newmarket,so the broads were quite accessible . You were very lucky to have sunshine over the w/e,as here it was mixed with quite a lot of heavy showers.

Totally agree about being in your own bed,& especially if you have an electric one which must be a great help.

Take care,

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Georgette

Hi Annette and Georgette 

thank you Blush I was indeed tucked up in my own bed and fast asleep. Today I’m having a lovely time slowly making some bunting. It’s very therapeutic 

xx

• Hi

You have been quiet for several days, so just wanted to send some good thoughts.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ownedbystaffies

Thank you . You are right. I’ve been very quiet. I think I overdid it - it being acting the “professional patient” at a series of events and with follow up media interest. There was the health select committee, then a webinar for Macmillan’s corporate partners. Before that there was Sky News, Radio 4 Today programme, Radio 5 Live. After the select committee there was BBC south east news, then two live interviews on Radio Kent. 

All in all I felt too much of my life was cancer and I needed a break. My chemo last week was postponed (nothing sinister, I just hadn’t seen a doctor before the start of the next cycle. I see her tomorrow and the postponed chemo is scheduled for Thursday). So that was the physical break I needed. I stepped back from the community to give myself the mental break I needed from cancer. 

I think I’m nearly done and I’ve stated to miss my friends here in the community. I’m going to ease myself back in slowly so expect to see me around a bit more. 

Thank you for thinking of me. I hope you’re well. Tell me you’re well? 

Lots of love 

xxx

• Hi & Everyone,  Daloni I hope you have recovered from your busy spell and I know how much work you do to raise cancer awareness and McMillan Cancer, however it's time to look after yourself and take it easy! Oh I know, I hate it too when others tell me to slow down but sometimes it is necessary! I've not been on the site for a bit myself. I was in a lot of pain for a while there but hopefully my new meds are starting to work now. Although I'm still not sleeping,and you will see by the time! Also when I've been TRYING to log in recently, as I knew you were ment to have treatment last week, it's been telling me to "create an account" and a form appears asking name email password etc, then when I clicked Continue it said "I'm sorry, there is already an account with these details and I'd be shouting at my iPad saying "yes, I know, it's ME!" But it wouldn't let me go any further! I decided to persevere and try again this morning and lo & behold, I got through!

I hope everyone is doing alright, sorry to hear you are in hospital Peggy, hope you are on the mend and home soon!

TAKE  CARE EVERYONE, especially those who are in places where the Lockdown has been eased! Here in Scotland, we are not at that stage yet as our First Minister is taking advise from the medics and doing things a bit slower! not sure what's happening in NI, are you still screening in isolation! There's not been much gardening here the last week due to the rain and wind!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!