Scan results

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi Daloni,

Good luck with the chemo.  I hope it helps you.

I said I would let you know the results of my scan.  Not good news I’m afraid.  Over the last 18 months I’ve had radiotherapy and 3 different lots of chemo.  None of it has worked and the cancer is progressing. I had hoped my last one would have done something but before I went for results my gut feeling was that it hadn’t.  
I was offered yet another tablet form of chemo but I don’t think it will work as nothing else has.  I have spent so much time feeling miserable with treatments which haven’t reduced the cancer, instead it has continued to spread and increase. I have therefore decided not to waste any more time feeling miserable, I am opting for some quality for whatever time I have.  I don’t know how long that will be and I don’t want to know.   I am at peace with it and I am looking forward to some good days.

xx

• Hi Sheena

Some day I'll want a maintenance free garden, there's wishful thinking from someone who has an incurable cancer! Sometimes I plan for a year or two ahead because I feel I need something to hang on to in life, to look forward to. 

It wasn't such a nice day today here, a little cool and cloudy, just the occasional warmth from a gap between the clouds. I hope it was better for you. I was born and lived for the first 21 years of my life in Belfast and Whitehouse is a suburb of Belfast. My granny also lived in Whitehouse, as well as her son and daughter, making two sets of aunts and uncles who had 3 children between them, my cousins. There's a coincidence! 

I hope you had a lovely day today, meeting your friend, shielding doesn't finish for us until Monday but I'll not be rushing around much, better keeping safe. I'll be able to meet up with people in good time, I've taken a chance and booked with Ryanair to Stansted to see my daughter, her husband and my only grandchild, Harry. Fingers crossed. The flights were very cheap, so I went for it, I'd only have been kicking myself if I missed a chance.

Sheena, keep enjoying life as best you can, we all are rooting for you.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Tvman

I hope this works this time.  This is my third attempt at a reply!

Isn’t that amazing? The Whitehouse connection. What a small world it is.

I visited Belfast last year.  It was such a long time since I’d been there.  I loved it especially the outdoor bar and the market.

The market is what inspired me to take up painting.  My friend was looking for a nice picture among the art work.  I told her I would paint one for her so I did and that’s how it started.

It has given me so much pleasure and passed the time. I have also been able to frame them and give them as gifts to friends and family.

Those with one of my paintings in their home are very special to me.  It means they won’t be allowed to forget me haha.

Thanks for your message tvman.

Best wishes

• Hi Sheena 

Ah, the market. For anyone going to Belfast that's one tourist attraction I'd recommend. As someone who grew up in Belfast it's strange to look on the market as a tourist attraction especially through the years when the troubles were going on and we had little or no tourism and now, the number of hotel rooms is phenomenal and it seems that everyone is falling over themselves to come here. It's a world away from the city or country I knew growing up. I can remember suggesting to relatives to come for a visit and being upset that discovering that here was not anywhere they'd like to visit. 

My wife paints a little when she gets a chance. I made her an easel to her measurements for her birthday in May last year and infuriatingly it remains unused in our garage so it's great to hear that you are churning out paintings, a talent emanating from your visit to Belfast. I shall be happy to pose for a portrait next time you're here lol.

Take care Sheena and stay safe.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.