RIP Johnty

• 12 replies
  • 45 subscribers

I wasn't sure how many people look in the chat forum, so thought I'd bring it here so folks were aware as she was such a big part of the group. 

The notice in chat

Lass

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I hadn’t picked this up so thank you for letting me know. I’m too sad to write my thoughts about our dear friend. I think I’ll light a candle for her this evening and leave it at that 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for this

Have been thinking about Johnty a lot lately, worried about how the current situation might affect things so it's good to know she and her husband were together and she was peaceful.

Johnty has been an invaluable source of support and information on the forum. She showed such compassion and sensitivity to everyone and dealt with her own situation with grace and dignity. She will be sorely missed.

She seemed at peace with what was happening and there's some comfort there.

My thoughts are with her husband, family and friends at this heartbreaking time. I hope you don't mind, I'll light a candle for Johnty tonight too.

xx

• Oh this is too sad! How brave Johnty and her family were to decide to stop treatment. I'm grateful she was with her family which was her wish! I've also light a candle and will look for the new bright star in the sky!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • So sorry to hear of Johnty's passing. I told her once when she came into the group, she hit the ground running, and so she did. She was posting like she had been around for years.

She said she only had her husband, no family, and the two of them were partners in life, one complimented the other. I just hope that her husband is guided through his loss.

In my religion I was born into, we don't light candles. Know what? I'm going to light one at the earliest opportunity I get. I hope someone lights a candle for me when it's my turn.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Johnty was always so wise and kind. I loved and admired the way she planned for her passing so that she and her husband could spend precious time together. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks Lass 

I have been off line for a while and you are always wary someone will have gone without you realising it. My prayers are with her husband and friends she will be missed. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

A very special lady will be greatly missed by all that knew here.

Was a pleasure to know her.

Thoughts are with her family.

Ellie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm so sad to hear of the loss of - her wise words will always remain with me.  Especially "your mental wellbeing is more important than any drug you are given."  She helped me to "reboot".

heaven has gained a wise and beautiful soul. R.I.P

Debs xx

• Mat she rest in peace!!! My condolences to her family!!

Very sad, Pet

• So sorry to hear the sad news of her passing she will be a big loss to us all with her support and advice and everything else she stood for 

Flippen