More good news

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 29 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Hi Gang 

I’ve just had an email from my oncologist (and I mean just now. Yes, my oncologist emailed me at 10.30pm) with my latest blood test results. This is what she wrote: 

“Dear Daloni

I thought you might want to know that your CA125 has fallen further to 1608 

1 month ago - 4157

2 months ago - 14,392

Wanted to share this good news with you”

I am so pleased to hear this. The CA125 is a blood protein that goes up as the cancer grows and down as it shrinks. Normal is below 35. So while my latest result is still relatively high, the rapid downward trend is what really matters. I’m hopeful that my next scan on April 14 will show stability and possibly even some shrinkage. I think it’s fair to say that the trial drug I’m on is showing promise. 

xx

• Oh   I am just thrilled for you all! It's the best news for ages! You deserved to be part of  this trial and your oncologist knew it! I'm so  (as everyone else has said) over the moon for you all. I was about to say the only way is UP but as we want the numbers to come down, I sincerely hope that's the way they go! I hope the news is all good on the house front as well!

Hi, we have had electronic ordering online with my surgery for a while now but it gets delivered to a pharmacy of your choice. I have tried it a few times but it still has as many 'blips' as ordering it through the pharmacy. I've not heard of the on you mentioned but then if it's not coming to Scotland until next year, that'll be the reason why! So glad it works for you!

Hi, I'm ok, thanks for asking. I've been trying to change to a new iPad and Tablet and it has been very frustrating. I've also been for quite a few scans etc in the past two weeks and the solution they inject makes me feel quite ill afterwards. That was even after they checked my kidney function the week before the scan! I hope you are doing well. I wonder have you been staying home to avoid this virus? Things are a bit strange here. When I went on Friday, I was the only one at the imaging department and my husband was the only one in the cafe while he waited for me. We even had the choice of parking spaces, instead of driving round for 20 minutes to find one.  All our schools, sports centres, a lot of eateries etc have also closed. Our village is like a ghost town! It's very surreal!

I hope everyone stays safe! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hey Annette, 

I'd not heard of it either until the beginning of the year when I went looking for something other than my pharmacy. Every single month there was a mistake or an issue with my prescriptions, and at Christmas they failed to deliver anything I'd ordered at all. 

The reason I said electronic prescriptions weren't coming until next year is because the chain I was trying to get my meds from in Scotland after they'd failed to deliver them here in Leeds said so. So perhaps I misunderstood and it's just their chain not getting them until later. 

As I said to daloni above, easiest thing to do would be to download the app then look for your surgery to see if it's on the list. Because in this day and age, we should not be stressing about if our meds are coming or not as I did every month when I used the pharmacy. I've been using echo for 3 months now and, touch wood, no issues so far!

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi,

good to hear from you.

good you got your new iPad working I got a new one about a year ago and it is much faster and easier to use.

lovely to be able to park but a bit weird to not see other patients.

i am only having telephone consultations now I don’t know about blood tests perhaps they just won’t do them 

let us know the results of your scans.

yes we are both staying home and my husband is taking it very seriously refusing to take me to the GPS to collect our tablets so I just hope they will deliver them.

next Tesco delivered  is on April 6 th and our daughter is going to try and get some things for us in between and leave on the doorstep. I am so worried about her she is going to have to work back on the wards and is upset about the people dying and the lack of equipment they are being given just paper masks. She is rearranging her wedding for November hope that works out.

i have had 3 big bags of dog food delivered and a freezer is coming next week.

i will go for a dog walk and hang the washing out in the garden today. The sun is shining here though it is cold.

Ruth 

• Hi Ruth, have you considered putting your next order in now. I ordered fromAsda a few days ago and have a delivery for the 3rd April. I shall order again now for the earliest date available and hope to get one about 2-3 weeks later. It doesn’t have to be a final list you can amend it later to take off or add on as necessary. Just a thought that it might be worthwhile as delivery slots are getting further ahead. We can’t go out and if there is no one to deliver for you it is a way of at least getting some food delivered. Another thing I have done is sign up to a delivery company for fruit and veg boxes. It might cost a little more but since we can’t go out we are not actually seeing anything in the shops we are tempted to buy so we aren’t spending quite so much there.

I hope this helps you all a bit.

take care everyone

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Hey Maggie, 

Rather than signing up for the nationwide delivery box schemes that are everywhere, I've been nosing round my local shops. 

So far I've found a fruit and veg shop that has started delivering - they state they'll deliver to the area beside mine 'and surrounding areas', so I'm hoping I'll be included!

I've also found a butchers in the local market who will deliver to people 

Then I've found a bakery in York who will deliver pies anywhere in the country! 

So very definitely worth having a nose around your local shops online, to see who is offering what. It'll also help to support the local businesses that will be hit hard by this virus.

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi Lass, now that is a good  idea and one I hadn’t thought of. We don’t have many good local shops here, but we do have 4 takeaways! I shall have to look into ones a little further away.

I hope you are as well as possible.

love and hugs 

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Mmmmmm pies, . Gotta love a pie. What’s the company called? 

• Thank you for the advice I will give it a go 

Ruth 

• https://yorkpies.com/

Vegan and veggie options available too! 

Lass

Xx