And here we go again

• 15 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi All!

I trough after all this years of treatment, chemo, immun therapy, brain surgery and and and i'm getting used to it. But now, as my cancer is back and growing again..i start to think to much.

Will have my planing ct tomorrow and then start radiation for 12 days on my lung. Doc said, the tumor is growing just where the windpipe goes into my right lung, and if we dont stop it it will block the airway. Well that's not what i want. So i try to stay positive, as usual, and think, okay just lets go and kill it then.

The bad part is i will have to drive every day 300kms then...as here is all a but further away lol. I'm in Australia by the way.

Sometimes it would help if there was a button to turn the thinking off.

Thanks for listening Pet

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi

So sorry to hear about your lymphoedema. My lymphoedema nurse told me it doesn’t respond to leg raising. It’s really only the compression stocking that works. Do you know your size? If not it should be on your prescription and therefore recorded by your GP. As I understand it, they are international sizes and maybe you can get one from a pharmacy? 

I also swell up when I fly. I came home from Amsterdam last September half a stone heavier than when I left, and before any wags out there laugh knowingly and ask “the munchies?”, I am hereby denying it. My legs were like tree trunks. I have decided I’m not travelling by plane again.  

All that said, I hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday. The idea of winter sunshine is especially attractive right now as I mop up the rainwater and mud that the dog is walking in 

xx

• Hi Yes, I actually remembered you were going away to Cornwall with your daughter, her fiancé and all the dogs, I was going to send you a message to say have a nice time and I hope the weather is kind but I've just done that here!! You normally go to Kefalonia in September and we normally go to Salou at end of September beginning of October for our Wedding Anniversary (49 years this year!). We visit Barcelona when we stay in Salou as it is in the Costa Dorada but it is too far away from Benidorm which is the Costa Blanca, further down the coast!  It must be strange not driving after 50 years but as you say, you don't have to worry about having an accident. By the way, I did know what you meant, spellcheck sometimes has a mind of its own eh?

I know what you mean about taking lots of tablets, I do too. I think it's par for the course! You have a great time in Cornwall! It will soon be time to start packing!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi I'm sure I was told about raising your leg didn't work but I had forgotten! To be honest, I don't think the flight was entirely to blame for my leg swelling as it wasn't too bad at the beginning of the week. It was only after I went in for a paddle that it ballooned the following day! I've been into a few pharmacies but no joy regarding compression stocking. It isn't an actual size, as such, as the Lymphodema Nurse measured it all and sent away for it. As well as having the groin dissection on that leg, I've also had a total knee replacement, a wide excision and two other tumours removed from my thigh, all on the same leg, so none of the over the counter ones will do. I will get another when I get home. I've asked my daughter to  phone for me to order one so that it will be waiting when I get home. I must say, after wearing it for so long, it feels strange not to have it on! 

I hope your new treatment is working well and not causing too many side effects or better still, none at all! Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Well, i finally got the phone call. So i will start my radiation on Monday. Can't wait. 

Still think they could have done all that a bit faster, i mean the ct scan has been on January 8 !!! And hey, it's cancer growing.

But still, i try to be positive as usual...can't be worse then my brain surgery lol.

Pet

• Hi Pet

I'd like to wish you good luck for Monday. Yes, I agree, it could and should have been done faster but try not to let that interfere with your positivity.

Tvman x

Love life and family.