Three Good Things 2020

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 63 replies
  • 48 subscribers

it struck me that a few of us are having tough times, whether emotionally or physically, so thought perhaps we should resurrect this for 2020.

and I will kick it off

1. Finally made it through the worst of cycle 2 Carbo/caelyx side effects, touch wood, no being sick now for 3 days, thank the lord!

2. Walked round the local ponds with my best friend in winter sunshine yesterday, ducks and geese and thousands of snowdrops.

3. Today a trip to Waterstones, my favourite shop to buy new books, always a pleasure

love heather xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

1.  Completed 8 of 8 docetaxel today - now my body is to get a rest.  Ct scan on 7 march, review on 12th and then approx every 3 months - long may they continue 

2.  Went so well today- got in and started 30 mins early with no probs.  Weather was also reasonably pleasant that able to slow walk to station rather than taxi - enjoyed it

3.  A more pleasant side effect of chemo day - even with steroids able to sleep well because of all the other drugs pumped in me so have some crumpets and early night Slight smile

• FormerMember

Hi

Wow. It’s so great finishing a long stint of chemo and it sounds like you had a good day too. I do hope your ct scan shows things have calmed down and that you get bored of three monthly reviews because they continue for a long, long time. 

My three good things 

1. My daughter and I made chocolate salted caramel popcorn bars. Seriously good and we enjoyed cooking together 

2. The sunshine. Goodness it was cold and windy but the sun made up for it

3. The sight of the dog with her head out of the window as we drove along, ears flapping

xx

• FormerMember

Hi

thank you.  Love the sound the chocolate popcorn bars - can you send the recipe please? Xxx

• FormerMember

Hi

In brief 

1. make pop corn using 85g of popping corn. Remove any unpopped kernels. 
    2. make a salted caramel sauce with 100g of sugar, 3tbs water, 100ml double cream, 30g butter and a good pinch of sea salt. Pour this on the pop corn and stir to coat the corn thoroughly 
    3. place the caramel pop corn in a brownie tin lined with grease proof paper and press down with the back of a spoon 

4. melt 100g of milk chocolate and drizzle this over the caramel corn. Use a piece of grease proof paper over the top to press the whole lot down firmly 

5. pop the tray in the fridge for an hour or so. Remove, cut into 8 large slices or 12 smaller ones. 

They are sooooo good and gluten free to boot 

xxx

• FormerMember

Thank you -:definitely will try this when my taste buds return. Xxx

• FormerMember

My three good things today 

1. walking in the sun. Ok it was cold and windy but what are coats, gloves and scarves for? But the sun. I do believe I have a bit of colour in my face. 

2. just getting everything done. Hair cut, meeting friend, walking dog, being home to meet the lady from young carers and my daughter’s science tutor, making supper...it felt very busy but everything got done and I didn’t have to collapse in a heap at any point 

3. this one is the same as a couple of days ago: the sight in my wing mirror of Noodle’s face sticking out of the window of the moving car. Makes me smile every time. It’s the small things. Although of course owning a car, being allowed to drive and having a dog are actually big things. 

xx

•  

I'll second that! My 3 good things are along the same lines.

1. Feeling some of my usual spark coming back and feeling my days are more productive. Cooked a gorgeous beouf bourguignon, possibly down to the liberal amounts of red wine in it, but it lasted 2 days and I'm getting interested in cooking again. Can't wait to try Daloni's risotto.

2. Having my drivers licence and car. The independence is priceless, and being able to 'pop out' without having to plan ahead is still a novelty.

3.Being able to take Sula to the Common and watch her antics as she rolls in unmentionable smells and chases the squirrels. Nothing beats being outdoors to lift your spirits.

xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Had a lovely weekend with a gorgeous little person.
    Felt well enough to do a lot of things with her and really enjoyed her company.

Introduced her to cut out dress-up dolls which kept her fascinated for hours. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Maybug

you also put a smile on my face remembering the hours of fun I had when I played with cut out dress up dolls Slight smile - didn't know they still did them

• I used to love them but I just made these from card and paper and the little one coloured them in. Kept her busy for hours.