living life to the full

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 59 replies
  • 51 subscribers

once  I renew and get my passport I have decided to do more, travel and do things I always wanted to do,without worrying if it's going to kill me.

I've been too worried about doing things, now to hell with it, Life has to be lived, Do more life:)

I hope this gives people more courage to do likewise.

I've  Learned you can't worry about the inevitable.

• Hi Daloni

What about a cruise!

No flights needed. Unpack once and visit many places. I was really worried about flying at first as before my diagnosis I collapsed getting off the Gatwick Express before flying to Vegas for my son's wedding. So first Holiday for me was 24 days around the med. We booked a balcony - so fi I didn't feel up to it I could just sit and relax. Made some amazing memories - and I also slept through some amazing things! Apparently sailing out of Venice at night is a highlight - I left hubby with camera and went to bed. Still I can say I was there.

Well - off to check where I can go now.

Happy travels everybody

x

• Hi

Im  hoping  to do a cruise next year. Hubby isn’t to sure but reckoni can talk him round.  I’ve only been in Europe since diagnosis and have had no trouble get cheap insurance.  How easy it to get insurance for a cruise.x

thanks.x

• Hi susie

i use boots.  It’s a long winded phone call but for a family of 4 for 10 days in Europe last year it cost me £30.00.x

• I am another that uses insurancewith.  I have secondary kidney cancer not on treatment currently but do take opioid painkillers and my last quote from them for worldwide cover including USA and cruises was £350 I think. I need to ring and arrange that. Walt Disney World here i come and an Alaska cruise in September all being well xx

• For me it was fairly easy. Holidaysafe is all online and depending how you answer the questions - you get another set. My first cruise around the med 4 weeks was only 150 and worldwide including USA and cruise was only 250 for both of us - Hubby has no issues - mine included cancer, asthma and high blood pressure (It used to cost me more before cancer anyway)

I was surprised how easy it was.

Love cruising - our first was to Noway in March. Very rough seas - force 10 gales - but I coped and there's no stopping me now. The way my Hubby turned me round was to look at the trips you can do. Snowmobiling was the selling point for me!

x

• Hi alijo 

that’s sounds pretty good to me. I’d not heard of them but will have a look them in future.

x

• What about Eurostar

Or a cruise

Or ha ha apply for Coach Trip

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to IamLyn

My list so far includes Edinburgh, Amsterdam, The Hague, Ghent, Antwerp, Nice. It’s great destinations I am after hearing about Blush

• Out of interest, does anyone know of any cruise providers who accept passengers in mobility scooters? Mum is having real issues finding one.

Ta

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Dear you might find this information interesting. 

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/before-you-sail/BO_scooter_wheelchair