living life to the full

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 59 replies
  • 51 subscribers

once  I renew and get my passport I have decided to do more, travel and do things I always wanted to do,without worrying if it's going to kill me.

I've been too worried about doing things, now to hell with it, Life has to be lived, Do more life:)

I hope this gives people more courage to do likewise.

I've  Learned you can't worry about the inevitable.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I use a company called insurancewith.com.  They tailor your cover to your needs.  They ask you what meds your own and take it from there.  Give them a try you might be pleasantly suprised x

• Hi Madmomma

I thought the same - my first quote for a cruise just 4 months after my treatment ended was for more than the holiday cost. I have metastatic cervical cancer. 3 years on from the end of treatment now.

But I found Holidaysafe - all done online - some quite searching questions and they are tailored to your cancer. Very reasonably priced too. I went to the caribbean last year and it was only an extra 100 pounds (sorry my pound sign has decided not to work).

Shop around you will be surprised at the difference.

x

• FormerMember

thank you for your quick reply hun, I will get hubby to look into this for me, x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alijo62

thank you hun for your reply, I will look into this company,  oh the Caribbean, how lovely, we love the Bahamas x

• You're welcome.

I don't post much - but if I can help with anything I do try.  Holidays are amazing - I'm always looking to see what I can do next.

Hope you find something

x

• Not made it to the Bahamas yet - but I have fallen in love with Grand Turk. 

Hoping to do Bahamas next year - need to buy a carpet this year. We moved 3 months before I was diagnosed and I keep spending all of our money on Holidays!  ut if a bargain comes up you never know.

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alijo62

well thank you for taking the time to reply Alijo62, it is muchly appreciated, yes I hope we find a nice holiday somewhere warm,  we never had a holiday for two years due to so many hospital stays and appointments, so now its time to enjoy life before (well you know) 

x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

In our house we have developed a simple saying "worry does not change the outcome, it just steals the peace of today"

I've put courage down as something to develop in 2020, to not accept the current situation and start to get the confidence to plan activities, not always thinking they will get cancelled by the next set of test results.

• FormerMember

Hi

The thing is this. Plans might get cancelled - but only if you make them. One way to be absolutely sure you go nowhere is never to commit to going anywhere. 

I booked three holidays abroad and a weekend in Amsterdam last year. Only one of these had to be cancelled. Not too bad and boy did we have a good time. 

All this talk of holidays is giving me itchy feet. I think my flying days are over - I got lymphoedema so bad after my last two flights - so it’s train travel from now on. Any suggestions, anyone? 

xx

• FormerMember

I used insurancewith too, we have an annual policy