Do you also suffer from Parkinson’s or living with someone with Parkinson’s?

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 42 subscribers

hello. On a discussion called highs and lows, I started talking about not only have I got cancer to deal with but also my mother’s  Parkinson’s. Do you have it or live with someone who suffers from it? I’m here if you want to talk. Thanks.

• Heya,

My Granny had it, so I've seen what it does. She's no longer with us now sadly though, so not living with someone with it anymore. But here if you need to chat.

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Well, Lass

its good to know when someone knows what it’s like to see someone with Parkinson’s. I’d rather have cancer than Parkinson’s. It’s a horrible illness. Lass I’m in a bad way at the moment. I’m feeling used and explored.

ive told Daloni in a private message. Daloni can tell you. You can direct her here.

• Heya,

All of the degenerative diseases are pretty horrible to watch happening to people you love. My Gran had dementia, and my Mum has MS as well, so plenty of them around in my family unfortunately.

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling low at the moment, and I'm sure has given you some excellent support with what you've shared.

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember

I was leaving this community tonight. Daloni advices me to have a break. I’m glad Tvman is back, I’ve missed him. I’m actually at the moment crying. I can’t see my typing. 

Just got back. You have seen such a lot of deterioration in your family. MS on top of Parkinson’s. I do have a cousin with MS. I thought I had MS, but it was my cancer. Not thinking straight. Do you have any family living with you?

• Hi Jack

Sometimes we feel like the earth is crashing in.on us, there has been a lot of activity lately in the site, so many new names to welcome. But that's good when you welcome a new face, I find helping others makes me feel good about myself. I feel proud and I feel proud that I have a friend like you Jack. 

Daloni has given you sound advice, as usual. Johnty is the same, when you consider how ill they are, what they're going through, they're amazing. A break for a while will give you a chance to recharge your batteries. 

Your mum needs you Jack, I wish her all the best, don't forget to let her know Slight smile.

Take care Jack.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi 

I don’t expect a reply but I hope you get this message. It’s just to send you lots of love and hugs and to let you know I’m here, we are all here, for you when you’re ready.

Stay safe - and love to your mum 

xxx

• Heya,

Yeh, breaks are good when things get a bit too much. You need to look after yourself, especially if you've got others relying on you too. So finding a bit of you time, and taking time to play 'hunt the smile' is always a good thing.

Oh we've got all sorts in my family, as I'm sure all families do. We're quite a big family, with Mum one of 4 and Dad one of 5, then just about all of them having multiple kids. So the odds are we'd see a few things pop up. I thought I had MS at one point too, got it all checked out and it turned out to be........ a brain tumour! lol. Just a benign meningioma, so nothing life threatening, but good to have an explanation for symptoms.

And no, my immediate family are all closer to you than they are to me. The extended are mostly all in Edinburgh too, with a few in the south of England and one in Bangladesh!

You take care of yourself, and know there will always be someone here for you when you need it!

Lass

xx

• I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember

How cute.  The white and grey looks lovely and the first one slightly mischievous!!

My cat is 16, a bit grumpy and sometimes a bit senile.  Love her to bits though.  Had her since a kitten

• FormerMember

This is Twiggy. Your cat and mine are spitting image of each other.

Draco