Dont know y i feel the 2 need to share

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 13 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Bad news today 

This afternoon 

Telephone call at 13.20  was told a MDT meeting  about me today 

Following a recent full body scan I had done (im sure last full body scan was in October) a urological would like to c me 

Oh I ask when 

Today at 15.30 

Ok I say

Go to the appointment thinking it was about the cyst on my kidney 

Wasnt worried about appointment I was told back in April no1 is concerned about the cyst they want to start chemotherapy soon as possible and because cyst is not causing me any problems they will leave it until after they have givin me treatment 2 try 2 control cancer growth.

Get called in 2 c the urological

Only to be told he wants to operate on me to remove my kidney as it is cancer 

Not until march

reason he is leaving it till march is if all the treatment I've had has not controlled  my cancer it will be pointless to operate 

I ask r u not goin to do test 1st he said no we can c all we need 2c from your last scan

I dont know what to say think I'm in shock

Sorry 2 all that read this n it dont make sense I cant get my head around it all 

Kym xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Lordy ! It’s been a busy time for you. Thank goodness your son is out of hospital and I hope the mocks are over? It’s no fun living with a teenager doing exams, is it? 

Your Christmas plans sound wonderful. I hope you can recover from the radiotherapy. It can take a while so don’t overdo it. I was advised to drink plenty of water to keep flushing those zapped cells out of my system. 

I have had a busy time too - it is all in other posts so I won’t bore you now. I’m feeling ok, not brilliant, but good enough. The dog is getting me out and about and I’m sure that’s helping me no end. 

Lots of love xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

dear  ,

Is it possible to get a quick second opinion? I do not understand why wait why not now?

This is confusing to me. Did he show you the scan and explain? Did you get to read the path report?

Can you fire him? We can, and I have (three times (one doctor twice) in the states. This is not making sense to me. Maybe I do not know enough.

Regardless, I think maybe a letter is in order or a second appointment to ask questions.  Seems insensitive.

I talk to much and will now be quiet.

Best wishes to you and hugs,

Millie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi millie

I  have not seen scan I've never seen any scans 

No there was not explanations 

The wait till march is to see if chemo and radiotherapy  I've just finished has slowed down the growth or fingers crossed has stunk the cancer .

No I haven't read the path report .(didnt know I could )

No I haven't sacked a nhs doctor (didnt know I could )

I also cant make sence of it 

(That's y I think I posted 4 help from this group)

I have a second appointment in march 

Kym xx