Update on unbelievable

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 32 replies
  • 49 subscribers

Not sure where to start 

I will go in order of my day yesterday 

Had my telephone assessment with occupational health they suggested  I have a risk assessment n complete all my treatment and not taking any of my controlled drugs oxycodone and fentanyl  patches b4 returning to work  well I said I'm on treatment for the rest of my life can u specify what part of my treatment r u referring 2 .and as 4 my medication if I dont take it I cant come to work due to the pain I will b in .... spoke to Macmillan afterwards they are going to help me as I'm protected by equity law as cancer is a disability................

‐---------‐---------‐‐----‐------------

Good news my daughter was accepted on the young carers 

----‐---------‐‐----‐------------

Hospital appointment with orthopaedic consultant

I was told I also have sarcoma cancer on my left arm the rotator cuff and humerus bone  going to be transferred for treatment at the stanmore hospital in london 

---‐---------‐‐----‐------------

Daughter got a call at 8pm one of her close friends was admitted into hospital with blood clot in her lung n she had 3 mild heart attacks 

At 3 minutes pass 12 she was informed her friend had sadly passed away 

15 years old god bless 

HeartR.I.P CHLOEHeart

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tinalay

Hi tinsley

Thank you 

Yes my Danielle is on a rollercoaster of emotions at the moment and I think it could have hit her that one day she will b grieving 4 me even though I have explained my situation to her with the help of Macmillan I dont think it sank in until now xx I was very shocked with the sarcoma diagnosis still am tbh but another fight I have on my hands 

Dont get kicked of the site omg wont know what to do without Daloni

Take care 

Kym xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi janet

Thank u 

Yes I have 3 children Danielle being my youngest  my son still lives at home (I have been encouraging to step out in to the world response I get is dont b silly mum where will I get what I get here 4 £40 a week I will up your house keep then n no answer but a cheeky laugh)  my other daughter lives to far for danielle to go exams this year she in year 11 xx n my daughter comes to me every other weekend 

I have been told stanmore is a good hospital not looked it up yet on directions I'm hoping I will qualify for transport  hopefully I will as I get it now for radiotherapy and was getting it for chemotherapy 

Thank u for your virtual hug 

Take care 

Kym xx

• FormerMember

Kym i think it is wonderful that  your son is at home at the moment ,for all of you ,my daughter and partner were with us for 6 months ,at 29 years old ,it was bit chaotic but helped us all ,as she is not that well and obviously i m not great

there is too much pressure on youngsters to leave home , enjoy him being with you 

hope your radiotherapy goes as well as possible 

xxxxxx

janet

• Dear Kym

It's difficult to know what to say, such a young life, utter sadness. I am glad that Macmillan are helping you. 

Much love to your family xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Another night in pain  

Really beginning to get to me just dont know what 2 do .palliative  care comin again Wednesday hope she has a few more options for me 

Kym xx

• not surprised it's getting you down, you've got far too much on your plate at the moment, and pain is the last thing you need. Don't wait till Wed, ring the hospital or hospice today and see what they suggest. Pain is easier to manage once you get on top of it, don't let it rob you of sleep at a time when you need all the resilience you can muster. Big hug xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember

Hi

I agree with Tinalay. When it gets to the point that you dread the night time because it brings pain, you need to get on top of it. 

xx

• FormerMember

Morning Daloni and Tainlay

I managed a few hours in the end  .yes you r both right I have just phoned them n someone is comin round today b4 1pm 

Kym xx

• Well done you! Hope they come up with something to help xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tinalay

I am very relieved to hear this . In my experience, my GP and the hospice nurses have been very keen to make sure I’m on top of the pain. I hope you find something that works. 

xx