To raise a smile...

• 22 replies
  • 46 subscribers

So today I was napping on my recliner, as I often do in the afternoon, especially after a busy period. Next thing I know, my burglar alarm is going off and all three cats have shot off my lap and chest in fright - ow.

It takes me a minute to register what's going on, as I'd obviously been in quite a deep sleep. So the TV is flashing on and off, my house phone is bleeping away and making the noise it does when the handset gets mains power, my alarm has stopped going off, but there are lots of others in the street going off.

Gotcha. 

It's a power cut. 

No worries, these things are normally shortlived, oh, bladder has woken up so might as well nip to the loo. Press the button on the recliner to bring the back up and the feet down..... Nothing. There's a power cut, this is an electric recliner. I'm stuck. I need a wee. 

Uh oh..... 

30 mins later, the situation is urgent. Time to bring out those ninja skills to get up from the flat out recliner. But the blanket is fighting back! 

We are now almost 2 hours later, and still no power. But I can hear kids coming and screaming trick or treat, so better go! 

• The forecast isn't great, but I hope you get to your craft fair Lass. If not the offer stands, it would be lovely to see you.

I've been to see many things in my time, but never a house, not even a stately home. If you're there it's perfect. I'm surrounded by cat lovers so not a problem.

A former ICU nurse and current Pilates teacher I'm a bit OCD in some ways. Never on the domestic front, my house is like a crime scene a lot of the time. I'd be black affronted if anyone cleaned for my benefit. By the way, I won't offer to bring my marigolds, I'm not that kind of friend. ;)

I had an uncle who used to say as we were leaving, "would you mind going upstairs and looking under the beds, otherwise my wife wasted a whole day yesterday"

On Sunday a friend has invited us to her daughter birthday get together in the afternoon, and our youngest son to their new flat in the evening. I'll be at Jimmy's on 23rd Nov and the 3rd Dec though.

Sending positive vibes for an uninterrupted electricity supply and a peaceful night  xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Hello Lass,

Talk about loss of power. Im California and PG&E has cut all power to millions of people because of the wildfires their equipment caused- for up to 6 days at a time and TWICE!.

It has been hard to live no power with so know what you are going through. 

Cheers,

Millie