Unbelievable

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Last few weeks have been sh**y  but very excited about going 2 c my manager about returning to work I knew I had to reduce my hours for a while was looking forward to getting back to a bit of normal life 

How stupid was I 

Manager informs me I have 2 have a occupational therapist assessment and  have to move departments I was horrified  she did say not 100% but due to having lost of top left arm movement she thing it will not b safe to work in the pfs (petrol station) .I couldn't believe what I was hearing  I've spent the last year battling cancer with the thought of going back to work and now I find myself fighting 4 my job 

Kym xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank u I will try it  but where do I get moo goo cream 

Sorry never heard of it b4 

Kym xx 

• Hi Maggie, I think it is natural under the circumstances to worry about it returning, especially when we've been told it's incurable, it's human nature! The trick is to think of other positive things to put it to the back of our minds. After all, the professionals have already got it wrong at least once as we are well past our "sell by dates"!

I was doing alright until I came back to a letter from my spinal surgeon when we got back from Salou. I will write this in a new post tomorrow because I don't want to hijack this one of Kym's!!

Regarding the meet up, I'm so pleased you can make it! I'm afraid it's just a bit too far for me to travel from Scotland for a lunch but I do wish I could! Have a great time, to all who can make it!

Kym, I'm so pleased you have spoken to McM helpline and look forward to hearing how your assessment goes! Please keep in touch!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!