Unbelievable

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Last few weeks have been sh**y  but very excited about going 2 c my manager about returning to work I knew I had to reduce my hours for a while was looking forward to getting back to a bit of normal life 

How stupid was I 

Manager informs me I have 2 have a occupational therapist assessment and  have to move departments I was horrified  she did say not 100% but due to having lost of top left arm movement she thing it will not b safe to work in the pfs (petrol station) .I couldn't believe what I was hearing  I've spent the last year battling cancer with the thought of going back to work and now I find myself fighting 4 my job 

Kym xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi Daloni 

I had radiotherapy b4 when I had breast  cancer 15 years ago  I found side affects were worse than chemotherapy  with the radiotherapy it knocked me 4 six even my breast care nurse was a bit shocked by it she said my reaction to it was a bit extreme  

I'm not looking forward to it due to last time everything is getting 2 me today  think I'm going to chill rest of the day 

Kym xx

• Hi Kym, No wonder things are getting to you, it's a lot to cope with, especially the manager at work as that part could have been avoided! I'm pleased you are calling McM, I hope they can give you some practical advice on how to deal with all this! These managers only think about how things affect themselves, giving others o thought at all! Good luck with RT. I'm sure lots have changed in 15 years since you last had it so I hope it will be a much better experience this time round! Please keep us posted!

Daloni, you definitely couldn't make it up! Your daughter has the excess that you are missing! Unbelievable indeed. Hope it all settles down soon!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Tvman, Isn't it strange that we think because we are on holiday, the pain should be too! I've found out the hard way that pain doesn't take holidays! However, your grandson weakening you up to play with him sounds like the ideal way to start the day, enjoy every minute of your visit! I'm sure that special hug has helped your daughter cope better with all this!

Love Annette x

• Hi Kym66,

When I had my first course of radiotherapy in 2003 I struggled with total exhaustion. If I sat down anywhere I just slept. It was annoying and embarrassing. When I had it again in 2014 I was so much better. I think it has just improved over the years a lot. I am hoping you will find the same this time around. 
    love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Hi Maggie (Alive), Good to see you post! How are you?

Love Annette x

• Hi Annette, I am doing well thank you. Still unsure though, although it’s inactive I still worry it will wake up. I know that’s daft but the thoughts still creep in. I am going to the meet up in York, it will be good to see new and old faces.

I should have been in Tunisia that week but unfortunately I had booked with Thomas Cook! Waiting for my money to be refunded, should see it with a bit of luck at the end of November. 

Have been supporting friends Mum who was diagnosed 5 months ago. Can’t do much for her other than be there and listen but I think it helps her a little.

Hiw are you? I noticed you had been away so pleased that you are still able to enjoy your holidays. I really think these little breaks away from everything help us so much. 

I hope at one of these meet ups one day we shall meet in real life!

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi Annette 

Thank you I telephoned Macmillan the lady i spoke to is getting someone to  call me back after I've had my O/H telephone assessment tomorrow  I'm hoping radiotherapy has changed for the better .will update about work as soon as I know . I like my job n my colleagues and of course my regular customers  

Kymxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Alive

Hi Maggie 

Thank u you have eased my mind a bit on radiotherapy tbh I was on the verge of saying no I dont want it now a few people r saying its different from the 1st I'm going to go ahead 

Kym xx

• Hi Kym, that’s good, when it works it does a good job and I think the end result is well worth it, it usually at least buys us more time and at best kills of those rogue cells completely. I hope for you that it will do as much as it has done for me.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi kym

i had radiotherapy every day for three weeks [ i think ] for breast cancer ,only problem was skin felt slightly fragile as treatment progressed ,i used moo goo cream after treatment 

didn’t make me tired 

good luck

x