Busy couple of weeks coming up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 249 replies
  • 46 subscribers

hi folks 

today I saw the urologist. The oncologists at the trials unit at UCLH are concerned about my kidney function and reckon the stent in my ureter is blocked. With the amount of pain I’m in, it wouldn’t surprise me. So they referred me to urology. But that’s at the local hospital. 

Today I saw the consultant urologist at my local hospital in Maidstone and he agreed. But he’s not sure the kidney is working at all so his plan is a test involving an injection of a radioactive isotope which they then track through the kidneys. If the kidney is working, he’ll replace the stent. That’s a day case procedure but involves a general anaesthetic. 

All that needs to take place before October 16 when I am due to start an immunotherapy trial. I also have to fit in a CT scan, a fancy blood test that requires a team from Cancer Research labs to come out with special kit and a biopsy. 

So it looks like I’ll either be waiting for hospital appointments or in hospital for much of the next fortnight. 

Bother. 

• Hi Daloni, So pleased you got home on Thursday and had lots of cuddles from your daughter and Noodle! That photo is definitely one for the family album! It's beautiful in lots of ways!

Well, ever the optimist, I'll stick my neck out and say YES I think your plans will go smoothly with no hiccups! It costs nothing to Hope!!

Its great you have your niece's wedding to look forward to in the middle of all this! I take it one of your neighbours will look after Noodle while you are at the wedding? Possibly the lady who has the other puppy! Is your other daughter going to make it to the wedding? It's a great opportunity to get a family photo!  Noodle looks so cute and cuddly atm, will she stay small or grow a big bigger in time?

Get plenty of rest in between treatments etc so that you will be in good spirits to enjoy the wedding!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

So pleased you got home on Thursday.  That is quite a schedule and I have everything crossed it goes hitch free.  As you say if it stops the cancer it'll be worth it.  

That little noodle looks absolutely gorgeous.  Is he a cockerpoo.  I have a schnoodle and our family wouldn't be without him.  He just soaks up the emotion and just seems to know who needs a cuddle the most on a day to day basis! 

Have a quiet but lovely week end. 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Your daughter is also beautiful. The love between the two of them is obvious.

• FormerMember

Hi

Yes she’s a cockapoo. Noodle the cockapoodle. I’ve never had a dog before so I’ve got a lot to learn. So many of my friends have talked about doggy love that there must be something in it.

I first thought to get a dog last summer after watching my then very seriously depressed daughter with my friend’s five dogs on Dartmoor. One of them was a newly arrived rescue dog, terrified of everything. Within a few hours, my daughter and her friend had this dog lying alongside them with their arms around her. It was the first time I’d seen her happy in a long, long time. Then this summer when her depression looked set to return as her sister departed for university, I decided it was time to act. We had a lovely time researching which breed to get, finding a breeder, choosing a puppy and preparing for her to join us. Now she’s here and she’s wonderful. I feel so much happier about leaving my daughter at home during all these hospital appointments now that she has a puppy to love. She’s doing the most amazing job of training her - really devoted. 

The cats are not living their best life but I think they’ll just have to get over it 

xx

• FormerMember

Joy Poor cats bet they don't know what's hit them.  

What a great positive focus for your daughter.  Take care x

• Hi Daloni

I would have been pretty sure she was a Shih Tzu, really would. As I said to a friend a while ago who bought a cockapoo, and her guilty smile said it all, so you spent a few hundred pounds on a mongrel? Lol

Don't worry about the cats, I've had a few dogs and there has always been a cat, they will get used to each other once the playfulness of the dog has passed. There will always be comical times throughout their live and you will have wonderful times when walking the dog. There will always be someone you meet who will strike up a conversation.

As regards your daughter who is on the periferal of depression, the puppy will be such a happy distraction. I wish her well Daloni.

Take care

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember

Hi Daloni

Noodle is so cute! I have a Cockerpoo called Peggy,she is 2 tomorrow.cant beat owning a dog I’m sure she will help your 

daughter.Good luck for the rest of the week.xx

• Hi ,

Sorry I haven't been around much recently and that you have been having such a hard time but at least you have a plan now.

Hopefully you will have some great times in the more pleasurable moments and the more onerous ones will be over quickly and smoothly.

I loved the picture of your daughter and Noodle.

I still have not got my laptop back and my fingers are much to big and clumsy for this phone and am fed up of going back to correct my typos so I'm going now.

Love and hugs,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Thanks folks! I already feel part of a new doggy club and we haven’t left the house yet.

xx

• FormerMember

Dear Daloni,

You had a lot of news for us to unpack.  And you are so brave and straightforward. Crossing fingers and Toes that the stent replacement next week will clear up all the kidney pain- and not cancer,  after all it seems that the  last stent that started the pain.

Your plan is complicated and hopefully it will be successful. I know you trust your doctor and results could turn out to be the best case.  People all over the world are cheering for you. That is a lot of positive energy coming your way.

On a happier note Noodle is lovely and looks to be a perfect companion for you and your daughter.

Sorry I got so behind on the news, but a lot going on here and got distracted .I have treatment on Monday and next scan in two weeks.

Hoping you will have some quality sofa time with Noodles in the near future.

Hugs,

Millie