Plan appointment and I am shattered

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 20 replies
  • 45 subscribers

well I’ve been back to hear if I had one of the common mutations.  I was told it was quite likely as I’m a non smoker ‘young’ and female but no I’m not.  So as of Monday I start chemo x2  and immunotherapy the best case scenario I’ll be going to the hospital every 3 weeks for the next 2 years.  So this is living with cancer.  I have to get my fighting spirit back

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to mummyb

Hello

Nice to hear you got on so well with immunotherapy and the 3 week cycle.  Just read your background and that sure gives me hope too! Long may you stay stable.  Thanks for your words of reassurance xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi dance in the rain, just to say very best starting treatment again tomorrow, never an easy step to take but you will feel better when you get the first lot over! I hope it goes well and your side effects and nonexistent!

Daloni, I hope your paper signing goes well and you get on your new trial, and that you don’t need a nasty biopsy or anything. 

Wishing you both the very best xxxx

• FormerMember

Thanks Roobarb xxx

• FormerMember

Dear Dance in the Rain and Daloni,

Best luck on Monday with new treatment and paper signing.

My thoughts are with you,

Hugs, Millie

• FormerMember

Hi, Dance in the rain.

I'm also on a 3 weekly immunotherapy cycle at the Marsden in Fulham. I have bloods and clinic on Mondays, treatment on Wednesdays. I'll be there tomorrow (I mean today, I suppose) at 11 for blood tests downstairs in the day unit & up in outpatients at 3. Does that match up with your times? Would you like to meet for a chat?

Speaking of having treats on hospital days... the Marsden in Fulham has an arrangement with Chelsea Sports Centre so patients and our carers can have a pay-as-you-go membership for swimming and gym. It's only a ten minute walk from the hospital, and swimming costs less than £2. Is that your sort of thing?

I'll check on here later to see if you want to get together.

Good luck.

• FormerMember

Oh bless you Ap7.  Unfortunately I'm at the Sutton branch.  What a shame xx Although I've got chemo as well so not sure how I'm going to be feeling,  Hope your day goes ok.  And thanks for thinking for thinking of me xx

• FormerMember

Such a shame. It would have been good to chat. Hope you get on ok. XX 

• FormerMember

Hi

I hope you’re in and out quickly today 

xx

• FormerMember

Thanks Daloni. Hope yours goes well too.

• FormerMember

Hi, Dance. How are you doing? I noticè you seem to have been on here all night. Did you get any sleep at all? 

XX