Medication and palliative care

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Well what can I say as much as you hope it will all disappear at some point and you can look forward to being cancer free. It seems that for me that's not meant to be.

I have Breast cancer and now to start 8th treatment of chemo????? I have to ask myself is it worth it ? I feel at this stage, brain is still active I can still get about maybe now with a bit of support and it may take more time get to places. Pain definitely much worse but hopefully with getting the right pain medication in place it wont be too bad. I believe as long as you can get a sleep at night you can manage better during the day.

I am thinking having a palliative nurse in can help both myself and my husband through this next stage. He is very receptive to this idea whereas before he was quite reluctant. I believe we have both reached the understanding that whatever time is left we need to enjoy our time together with family and friends who have been great.

So the battle continues not ready to give up. I will continue to be positive and reach out to others if they need someone to talk to. Life as they say is to short anyway and I am a young 65yrs old.

Good luck to everyone in the same position as me and hopefully we might have a few years yet xxx.

Kenzie12

• Hi Alison

Good to hear from you again, although I am sorry to hear that you are going through chemo again and I wish you all the best for that. I agree with Annette, the help from different bodies are so helpful.

I would love a Japanese garden, some small acers,  a little bridge over a little stream. I'm not sure if I can manage to make one, the pain may be too great but I'd love to have a go. But yeah, a photo would be great. I have a man shed, my garage, and I have spent many hours out there, drilling, sanding, having a beer or two! I switch the radio on and just lie back and relax. It's good for the soul. 

Take care Alison and we're here for support for when you are going through your chemo.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.