Scared

• 15 replies
  • 21 subscribers

I’m having surgery in the 2nd May to remove my vagina and bladder. I’m so scared. Scared about the op and recovery. Scared about living with a stoma. It’s my only chance due to recurrent endometrial cancer so I know I don’t have a choice but it all sounds so grim. I had a double mastectomy in 2014 and a hysterectomy in 2021. 

• Thanks for taking the time to reply. What was your time in hospital like, I’m dreading it ? 

• I spent 2 nights in high dependency and 12 nights on the gynae ward, most of which was in my own room.I was basically exhausted and needed a lot of care and help with everything, but I had overall a larger surgery than you are facing and I also have a permanent colostomy. If you click on my name, my story is there.

Sarah xx

Community Champion Badge

Cervical Cancer Forum

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• You will need to build up strength but I’m sure you will be able to return to an active life.I’m just as busy as I was before even though my mother has died.Jane 

• I had 3cm tumour remover in Jan 6th left with Stoma since and started 4 cycles Chemotherapy 28th Feb just finished my last cycle 5th May on the tablets 14 days after every cycle week to go got appointment with Chemotherapy Consultant 24th May Velindre to discuss if im all clear blood vessels cancerous I'm hoping for reversal Stoma put me back together in the near future I'm on my own finding the pins needles in my whole body especially hands feet after Chemotherapy very painful taking 6 Zapain painkillers a day to combat the pain