Loss of my wife

• 3 replies
  • 14 subscribers

It's just been over a week since my wife passed away  some days I feel OK and then it hits me that she had gone my step daughter has been there for me ,she has done everything to do with the  funeral and all the other things I couldn't do the funeral is on this Saturday  I know that I will have family and friends around me for a couple of days after funeral but it's when they have gone and house will be very quiet I thing I will find it hard and I will have to go back work which I will find it hard ,I know my wife is always there and keeping an eye on me 

• Hello Andrew and thank you for contacting the online community.

I’m so sorry to hear about your wife, please accept our sincerest condolences.

It’s good that you have the support of your family and that you take comfort in the thought of your wife keeping an eye on you. It’s very early days so I imagine her loss is very raw to you so that must help.

Have you joined our bereaved spouses and partners forum Andrew? Some people also take comfort in talking to others who are going through something similar and this is a place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

Our booklet on coping with bereavement gives practical information about what to do and what to expect when someone dies. It also looks at some of the emotions you may have, and the support that can help.

We’re also here to support you through this difficult time Andrew. You can call in on 0808 808 00 00 (7 days a week, 8am – 8pm), web chat or email if you’d prefer.

Take care and I hope Saturday goes as well as it can.

Alex, Information and Support Adviser

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.

• Thanks very much for your reply  it's sometimes hard to write something I struggle to write words it's been a helpful place to put my feelings down  thanks Thumbsup

• Thank you for taking the time to reply You’re very welcome. I’m glad that, although difficult, it’s felt helpful to write things down.

As Alex mentions, we’re here to support you on the Macmillan Support Line for as long as you may need us -so do keep in touch if you feel you need to talk or write down how you are feeling going forward.

Take care,

Jenna 

Information and Support Adviser

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days
    a week, 8am-8pm) or by email