mobility aids

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

good morning, i have just found out my mother has terminal cancer could you help in telling me were we can get free toile ts from!  comode and toilet hand frame,

Regards Andy

• Hello

Thank you for your question.

My name is Polly and I am a work support advisor on the Macmillan support line. We talk to cancer patients and their carers about their employment rights.

I am so sorry to hear about your mother’s diagnosis. Here is a link to our booklet “Looking after someone with cancer” which explains more about the social care assessment conducted by your local council if your mum is at home all by the hospital if she's an inpatient. This is a needs assessment and can include the provision of equipment to help your mum remain as independent as possible in her home.

The best team to speak to about your questions is the Cancer Information Support team on our support line 0808 808 0000. They are open Monday to Sunday, from 8am until 8pm selecting option 1 and then 1.

Polly 

Work Support Advisor
    Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email