Financial enquiry

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Good afternoon 

back in February of this year I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer and spoke to one of your colleagues who was very helpful and he put me in touch with the right people to speak to that was very much appreciated 

he also mention that you could help with a clothing allowance to help me I’ve already got a few things but as I’ve lost another 10 kg in two weeks I could do with replacing them for something that fits me. Is this possible if not I’m sorry for bothering you.

regards

• Hello

Thank you for your question, I am so sorry to read about your weight loss. My name is Polly and I am a work support advisor on the Macmillan support line. We talk about your employment rights if you have a cancer diagnosis or if you care for someone with cancer.

The people who help with questions about financial help and benefits are the advisers on the welfare rights team who can work out whether you are eligible for a Macmillan grant. Please have a look at our booklet -Help with the cost of cancer. It is always  helpful to have details of your financial circumstances to hand. For example, they will need to know whether you have any savings and the amount you pay in rent or mortgage as well as details of your income.

If you have further questions about your finances such as managing your mortgage, accessing your pension or estate planning then our financial guidance team can help.

Both the Welfare rights team and the Financial Guides are available on  0808 808 0000. To help you navigate the menus to welfare rights you need to press option one, option two and then option two again. To find out more about what we provide on the support line and our opening times , please have a look at this information – Macmillan Support Line.

Polly 

Work Support Advisor
    Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email