Lateral flow tests

• 1 reply
  • 10 subscribers

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if we can get help with lateral flow tests costs?

My partner has end stage cancer and every time we have to go to the hospital we both have to take lateral flow tests with us.  It's costing us a fortune and as he had to give up work now and I'm disabled the cost is killing us!

I know it's a long shot but it's there any way we can get help towards the cost?  In the next 8 days we've got 4 appointments so that's 8 tests!!!!!

Thank you

• Hi Vixxie, 

Thanks for getting in touch. I’m sorry to hear about your partners diagnosis and current situation. Hopefully we can provide some support at this difficult time.

As part of our Money and Work Team, we have a dedicated group of Welfare Rights Advisers. They can check if you’re entitled to any other financial support, such as one-off grants. You can contact them on freephone 0808 808 0000 and they’re available weekdays 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. If you’d prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option.

They will ask you for some financial details such as your household income, amount of any savings, cost of rent/mortgage, council tax and utilities just to see if any other help is available.

Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;

Pensions and retirement options

Questions about insurance policies

Mortgages and money management

Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family

General financial planning questions

If there is anything from the above list that you would like to discuss, please reply to this message, or speak to us directly on the same number. To reach the Financial Guidance team just select options 1 then 2 then 1 again. Our team are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm.

Kind regards.

Will Quinn

Financial Guide