Chapter 8

1 minute read time.

Joe has been in the Severn Hospice at Shrewsbury for 11 days now.  For anyone reading this blog who has any misgivings about hospices please read on.  The Hospice is fantastic, full of warm and welcoming people who truely care.  The support we have received over the last few days has really strengthened both our bodies and minds to fight this bloody terrible disease.  Sadly Joes pain is still an issue, he had a CT scan on friday to try and determine what is going on.  He had a really bad night on friday so I drove over and stayed with him on saturday night.  Poor boy woke every 2 hours needing oxynorm and buscopan injections and by sunday morning was in a terrible state of anxiety; hyperventilating and sobbing uncontrollably.  His lovely doctor, Clare, came in on her day off with his CT results.  The good news is the CT looks good, the only finding being a moderate amount of ascites in his abdomen which is apparently  to be expected as he has seeding in his peritoneum (still too small for the CT to pick up).  As Joes pain had increased Clare had him admitted to Royal Shrewsbury Hospital to rule out appendicitis, peritonitis, obstruction etc and he was given the all clear this morning.  So, what on earth is going on??  Thoughts today are acute IBS and adhesions, he now has a syringe driver to give continuous pain relief.  By the time I left him this evening he looked much more comfortable and since then he has slept solidly so I can only assume its working.  Im starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel...

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Just read your last entry - stay strong - you are in our thoughts.

Celebrated Daniel's 24th birthday on Saturday.  The local football team met around his grave before the match and we watched them play their game of football and then other friends joined the team and played skittles and had a meal in celebration of Dan's birthday.  We had a lovely evening with his friends.  They have all been so supportive.  On the 28th of each month we all meet up.

Love to you all

Jayne Manley x