WLE AND SPILT SKIN GRAFT (CONTAINS PHOTOS OF A GRAPHIC NATURE)

• SUN POEM by peter hills aged 4.....(47)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

THE SUN HAS GOT HIS HAT ON

HIP HIP HIP HIP HOORAY

ON GOES LOADS OF FACTOR 50

AND GO ON OUT AND PLAY!

sorry...poet lauriat i am not.... but you get the message

happy easter

peter x

• Travel Insurance and Melanoma

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone...

Those who know me know my story which is avaialable on a previous blog. Melanoma removed 1 year ago, long recovery but here i am 1 year later all healed and putting up with lymphoedema

No holidays last year so June i am off to colombia as i ahve always wanted to go to south america.

so travel insurance. 100000 sites and quotes later and here is the best quoete so far. £64 for a single trip with…

• nothing new to report

FormerMember
    FormerMember

how is your 2011?

clean bill of health at the MM clinic last week. So down to me to check myself and have the appointments every 3 months. Lymphoedema on the other hand is painful but i have weaned myself off a lot of them and now at 10mg of amitryptaline every night and a top up of co-codomol in the day when i need it.

Wound has healed now and i am just cleaning it with dermol 500 and applying 50-50 emoliant a pad…

• happy new year!!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi to all my friends....

a lot of people are saying good bye to 2010.... i am saying... good ridance!! i dont want another one like it... but there is always a silver lining to every cloud and my silver lining is the making of new friends here and facebook. the weekend retreat to evesham was the highlight to a year that had too many low lights.. thank you everyone for supporting me through an ordeal that only now i look…

• happy christmas and best wishes for 2011

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi everyone...

Well christmas is here and new year soon to follow.

i have to thank all the staff at St Georges hospital who operated on me and helped in my recovery. in particular mr hussein the surgeon, saskia my macmillan nurse and jane my plastic dressings nurse.

looking back at the year, it all happened so fast! from going to my GP for a routine bp check and asking to look at a dodgey mole, going to biopsy, biopsy…