Whims and Wishes

• #highnecksummer

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sitting at the hairdressers I see an ocean of people with huge robes over scant clothes, it is a contradiction and as they leave they all look so perfect, with cared hair and plunging necklines!  I do wish retail would realise that some of us can’t wear t-shirts any more, according to the NHS, “in 2012-13, just under 23,200 mastectomies were carried out in England.” (sorry I couldn’t find whole UK figures!!)…

• Under the bed...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I recently finished the book Tea and Chemo', which I very much enjoyed, and the author, Jackie Buxton, was kind enough to thank me when I tweeted as much.  However she talks about being someone always on the go, busy, active, in control (she is better with her alcohol than I am!) and it is like looking in the mirror- is there a cancer type?

As I finished the book I was also struck by what it all did and must continue…

• The bucket list...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

With Victoria Wood having been such an inspiration for me and another example of someone who has gone too soon, as I come down to earth from my second holiday of a lifetime I am forced to think about the bucket list…

Having been given the fatal diagnosis and survived I find myself, and others, wondering what to do about it!  Never a fan of doing things just to tick them off, I enjoy the routine of my job, the…

• The job lot...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week the sideline project work I have been doing for Macmillan became rolled into a formal permanent job, that I had built but had now to apply for.

I have been terrified at the thought of not getting my own job.  I had to be interviewed.  How would I tell the suppliers I have worked so hard to build positive and personal relationships with if I wasn’t the right person to continue?

At the same time I was being…

• A needle pulling thread...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I am often talking about life and the language of cancer, and laughter, so here is a stab at a well known song…  Because “when you know the notes to sing, you can sing most anything?”

Apologies to Songwriters R. RODGERS and O. HAMMERSTEIN

Let's start at the very beginning,

A very good place to start?

When you read you begin with A B C,

When you're sick you begin with,

"Oh not me", "oh not…