At Your Cervix

• Cervical Cancer Blog Ten aka The Blip

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’m messing up the space-time continuum of my blog to jump ahead to the previous couple of weeks instead of sticking to the current linear pattern of my posts. I am aware that I haven’t written in a while and the main reason is that very thing Rihanna sings about: –

No. This is not an error. Yes. This is the version I wish you to see. Go forth and Elmo.

I’ve been back in the office I work in for what…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Seventeen aka Trachelectomy Part 3

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Warning: this post references post-surgery bleeding and pooing and tries to provide attempts at humour.

caution

My advice for any person who is about to have a Trachelectomy procedure and wants to know what to prepare for afterwards is this: –

take care of yourself

That’s the only thing you need to do now. Whether this be mentally, physically, spiritually or grammatically please engage in some selfish behaviour that isn’t even that…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Fourteen aka Remission MRI #1

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This post is going to be short and, if not sweet, then I’ll aim for mildly amusing. I may fail on both those fronts.

Back in January (it’s all back in January) as part of my pre-surgery diagnostics I had a MRI and more details on what entailed can be found in my post here. I met with my consultant and he told me that my PET-CT and MRI showed lots of cancerous activity in my cervix. Awesome. The words every…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Post Fifteen aka Trachelectomy Part 1

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’ve already written about what I refer to as ‘The Little Op’ which was my Pelvic EAU and Lymphadectomy (here and here) and now I’m going to be writing about what I refer to as ‘The Big Op,’ which happened nine days afterwards.

I’ve already mentioned ‘The Big Op’ in passing a few times, but I’m going to be writing about it in more detail. And because I have a lot to say (when don’t…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Eleven aka The Three Month Check-Up

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In my last blog post (written about ten million years ago when dinosaurs walked the earth) I referred to the fact that I was messing up the time-space continuum by doing my posts out of sync with the timeline.

In keeping with that I am Quantum Leaping all over the place and messing it all up again. If you don’t have the faintest clue what I am referring to then you should be ashamed of yourselves because you are missing…