At Your Cervix

• Cervical Cancer Blog Thirteen aka Pelvic EUA and Lymphadectomy Part Two

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In 1998 Barenaked Ladies sang ‘One Week’ and in that song, the singer referenced that it had been one week (hence the name) that a nameless lady had looked at him. It has been longer than one week since I wrote my last blog post but trying to make, ‘it’s been nine weeks since I wrote a blog post about my cervical cancer because I’ve been busy and stuff,’ is just a little harder to fit into the tune.…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Twelve aka Pelvic EUA and Lymphadectomy Part One

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Back in January I had two operations ten days apart, one of which I call ‘The Little Op’ and the other ‘The Big Op.’

I am choosing to write about both and in doing so I am going to reveal an awful lot of undignified, personal information about myself in the hopes that someone who reads this finds some comfort or knowledge in a shared experience.

The second hope is that it makes people think about…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Eleven aka The Three Month Check-Up

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In my last blog post (written about ten million years ago when dinosaurs walked the earth) I referred to the fact that I was messing up the time-space continuum by doing my posts out of sync with the timeline.

In keeping with that I am Quantum Leaping all over the place and messing it all up again. If you don’t have the faintest clue what I am referring to then you should be ashamed of yourselves because you are missing…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Ten aka The Blip

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’m messing up the space-time continuum of my blog to jump ahead to the previous couple of weeks instead of sticking to the current linear pattern of my posts. I am aware that I haven’t written in a while and the main reason is that very thing Rihanna sings about: –

No. This is not an error. Yes. This is the version I wish you to see. Go forth and Elmo.

I’ve been back in the office I work in for what…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Nine aka Consultation Meeting (originally written 13th April 2017)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week’s blog post is going to be brief as what I am writing about was a very brief encounter.

Brief Encounter

Oh, good grief Charlie Brown! No! Not that type of brief encounter.

Two weeks after diagnosis I met the consultant who was going to be my consultant and who got to have the immense privilege of being the one that removed bits out of me.

At this point I had been bounced between two hospitals like a tennis ball – Frimley…