At Your Cervix

• Cervical Cancer Blog Seven aka What Immediately Follows After Diagnosis (originally written 25th March 2017)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week’s blog post is not going to have the lengthy title as promised two weeks ago but instead I’m going to simply call it ‘What Immediately Follows After Diagnosis.’ Although that is a pretty darn extensive topic I’ve broken it down into two (summarised) components: –

1. Coming to terms with your diagnosis and coping with your emotions
    2. Telling people about your diagnosis and then…
  • Cervical Cancer Blog Five aka The Diagnosis (originally written 5th March 2017)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

I’m going to kick start this portion with a picture of me in a tree.

Gerry Tree 1 - Copy

This was taken Christmas Day at Waverley Abbey. Past Gerry doesn’t know it yet but she is soon going to miss sitting comfortably. You enjoy that perch Past Gerry. Revel in the Christmassy moment.

Three days after the picture was taken (and luckily because I can count I make that the 28th December) another letter landed on my doormat. Future…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Sixteen aka Trachelectomy Part 2

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Last blog post was about what a Trachelectomy is. This blog post is about my own Trachelectomy or at least the surgical part of it and the hijinks that ensued. Ooh, you are lucky things! To be fair, as I was unconscious for most of it I don’t know how long this post will be. I am planning on doing a post-Trach post (that’s a lot of posts) separately.

Here is the Jolly Christmas Postman.

jolly postman.jpg

Why? Why not? (Because…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Nine aka Consultation Meeting (originally written 13th April 2017)

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This week’s blog post is going to be brief as what I am writing about was a very brief encounter.

Brief Encounter

Oh, good grief Charlie Brown! No! Not that type of brief encounter.

Two weeks after diagnosis I met the consultant who was going to be my consultant and who got to have the immense privilege of being the one that removed bits out of me.

At this point I had been bounced between two hospitals like a tennis ball – Frimley…

• Cervical Cancer Blog Fourteen aka Remission MRI #1

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This post is going to be short and, if not sweet, then I’ll aim for mildly amusing. I may fail on both those fronts.

Back in January (it’s all back in January) as part of my pre-surgery diagnostics I had a MRI and more details on what entailed can be found in my post here. I met with my consultant and he told me that my PET-CT and MRI showed lots of cancerous activity in my cervix. Awesome. The words every…