dad

Less than one minute read time.

Hi Im new to this site and my dad has stomach/pancratic  cancer.  He is 74 and I have to say this is the worst experience of my life.  I would just like to hear from other people who are going through the same.

I feel so angry at times which is so out of character.  They have just advised us at  Christies that the tumour has only shrunk 1cm - therefore they stopped the treatment on Monday.  They have said it is time and to watch for signs.  What is it we are looking for.  We are so confused as a family.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi TSImmons,

Sorry I cant help. But I wish you your Dad and Family all the best for the future. Good Luck.

Take care and be Safe Sarsfield.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi TSimmonds

I am new to this site also.  My dad has cancer of the gullet.  He was diagnosed 2 and a half years ago.  He's had 2 lots of chemo and after each time the consultant told him to watch out for symptoms.  Its a difficult time because every incident becomes a symptom.  

stay stong as a family and all the best

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you so much.  Your comments mean a lot.  I somehow feel that as a family we are walking round with BIG C on foreheads as so many people have turned there backs.  Its such a dificult time and you so need people.  Dad took tumble today and is becoming so very unsteady on his feet as he has blood clots in both legs and today has not eaten.  This is hardest thing ever  

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Its like people dont know what to say so they say nothing.  Then talking about cancer becomes such a big deal.  I hope your dad has managed to find his appetite hun x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dad back in Christies.  The eating has got so bad I am terrified.  I feel if the cancer not killing him then the starvation is.  We have been tonight and he is telling lies to doctors saying he will eat at home.  He just sits at home staring at plate and spits food out.  I do not know what to do anymore.

Its not my dad anymore.