The PEG s GONE

1 minute read time.

Morning everyone, just a bit of a funny story to cheer you up this morning.   Those that know me through the site know i have this PEG fitted and now as im beginning to get better wanted it out of my body!   The hospital and in particular my dietician wasnt so keen in taking it out just yet, well on Tuesday during the night it came out on its own accord, i woke up feeling a bit wet and sticky and there by my side was the PEG, i was over the moon, at first i thought oh god will it be ok, had visions of all my insides leaking out LOL then i realised it was fine just a bit sticky, i couldnt wait til morning to tell my family.  Then i realised i was at the hospital on Thursday for my check up, how was i going to tell the dietician, i thought she would think i d pulled it out myself after making such a fuss of wanting it out LOL Anyway she was fine as i told her i hadnt been using it for a few weeks now managing to drink the fortisips, so there you go no PEG !! It feels great another milestone over, i have to go into hospital on the 28th April for a throat stretch am hoping that will work first time as im desparate to eat normal food LOL It seems to be coming together, i go to egypt in June for a well earned holiday with my daughters so hopefully i l be well over the "stretch".   When i think back to 6 months ago i never thought i would be in this position quite so soon, ive pushed myself and thought positive and this is where i am today, i love the fact that my girls are seeing their "old" mum back to herself after everything they ve been through with me.  I know for sure one thing this summer is going to be a damn site better than last!!!!!!!

Love, hugs and strength to you all.

Jill

x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

i have a jej tube jill and i must say its become part of me now-had it since last august and no sign of it going-although it has come out a few times!!!

i do still use it for my drugs but really gonna get rid soon-b4 the summer t shirts i hope.

i just wish i cld speak somehow then i wld feel alot better bout it all i think. good luck to you. im so pleased it all coming together for you. i will get there one day im sure

lynne

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya lynne, course you l get there you have had it a lot worse than me especially with it being in the voice box area, you have a good PMA that will get you far, the amount of people who used to say to me "give it time" i could be rich now if i d had a £ for everytime i heard that, but yes time has proven right, patience was never my virtue lol thats why i cant wait for this throat stretch cos i want to be able to choose anything off the menu, it hammers your social life lol.

Take care and spk soon.

Love and Hugs

Jill

x