A Little Update

1 minute read time.

Happy Easter to all my friends on here, just thought i d write a new blog for an update.   Almost 6 months post treatment and i feel just back to normal in myself (whatever normal is lol) just suffering a bit from the side effects of radiotherapy on the throat!    Last Monday i went for a videofleuroscopy (video xray of the throat) very fascinating watching food going down on the screen as you eat, anyway looks like im going to have a throat stretch in the near future, it was confirmed that the area hasnt gone back to normal and thats the reason im struggling with normal food!!!   So being someone who loves her food and normally eats anything i am really looking forward to this being done although they do say i may need to have it done more than once!!!!   Have started on some homeopathy which i dont know if its physchological but they have definitely taken the "sting" out  of my tongue, so whether or not it is im sticking with it!!!  Anyway thats where im at now, still off work but am now enjoying life a bit more and getting my energy back, hope everyone else is feeling good and upbeat as i am, if not chin up keep up the positivity and stick in there.   This illness has taught me so much i can tell you and definitely made me a better person because of it, i was at my brothers wedding on thursday in york and everyone was complimenting me on how well i looked which was nice and for a moment i felt proud of myself for being strong and positive in attitude and also not forgetting i couldnt have done it without my lovely friends and family behind me.  Love to you all.

Jill

x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi there, actually chocolate i cant really eat it stings my tongue, but thats a positive isnt it LOL Thanks for your kind wishes and hope you are feeling good!

Jill

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi jill

happy easter.

i thiought u would have had your stretch done by now. i am having them every two weeks at the mo. stretching a little at a time. apart from the 20 odd mile journey to the hosp its really not a problem and is definitely helping. i still have taste problems and very little saliva so eating is still a problem and i dont think i will ever enjoy it as i once did. i too went out this week and was complimented on how good i looked despite having a hole in my neck and using a servox to speak. lol

hope you are well and get yr stretch done soon

take care

lynne xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hi there. happy easter xx

well i am having stretches done every two weeks now-not a problem apart from the travelling to hosp-22miles each way!!

glad you feeling so good. i too was complimented on how good i looked this week tho i still am very tearful for no apparent reasons!!!

when is yr stretch booked for-they are making you wait a long time. hope you are well

take care

lynne

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

hiya lynne thanks for the email, i think it will be in about three weeks i go back to the consultant on the 15th and they l tell me then whats next, i asked about having it done more than once and they said yes thats common but i got the impression it wouldnt be as regular as yours they said i would go back on the waiting list for non urgent, so fingers crossed the first one works, but im not being overly confident about that!  My tongue is the worst,been to the dentist today she has given me a prescription for some different mouth spray so i l see if that works, got lots of large ulcers she said!

Continue being well and we l speak soon.

Love Jill

x