January, February don't you come around....

5 minute read time.

Realised I had not done a blog in ages and ages so thought I had better update things a little bit cos my life is getting busy! So I will try and be brief cos I am attempting to show you my calendar for the next few months....

Ok deep breath.... and January (only 5 days left  so shouldn't take long)

Remember that course I said I would sign up for if I was to live to fight another day....? Well, the next step is that i have to visit and teach at a different school to my own. As you may recall, I teach in a bit of a hippy school with our own curriculum and we use first names and the kids don't wear uniforms and we teach our thing and not the national curriculum. So, tomorrow I am being sent off to a local secondary school. eeeek.

Little My is a scruff bag. Little My does not own shoes that can be polished or dresses or work clothes. I wear jeans to school and wooly jumpers and my inconclusive clog type shoes or big furry boots.

I got an email saying the deputy head will show me round tomorrow morning and discuss my needs. Needs?

Coffee and an escape plan? and perhaps a biscuit to keep me going in the tunnel?

Oh , sorry... those sorts of teachery type needs... hmmm.

As you may have realised, i can't do sensible and tomorrow I have to go to a proper grown up sensible school with kids in uniforms and pretend to be sensible and ask sensible questions and be called Miss and wear sensible proper clothes which is proving quite a challenge..... I don't have any.

My boss was laughing and teasing me yesterday saying Where are your stilettos?

I am scared and I know I am going to snigger and say something inappropriate and it will all be embarrassing. Oh dear. Then again, maybe I can cheer them up? Oh dear. This could be where the course fails.... Oh I might get some tumble weed too cos when we start looking at the calendar for days I can go and teach... the C word is going to come out hahaaaaaaa!

So that's tomorrow. Then back to school for more meetings cos we love having them don't we boys and girls.

February

I am then going to Cantebury for a weekend training thingy to do with this course ont he 10th Feb. . Two of the annoying people from my ghastly retreat are going too.... Luckily the other 2 are fun. I will hide and get on here if I can.

The weekend after that I am taking my class to Devon for a week of camping in yurts and doing hearty outdoorsy type things.It is at an eco sort of centre but a very special place where I have some great friends and where my son stayed while I was having my treatment and was loved so much by others on my behalf when i couldn't be there....  We have to take an extra person to look after one of our 'challenged' pupils so I volunteered Max (my son) and school fell for it so he gets paid to spend a week with me and his other 'family'  Get IN!!!!!! I went there this time last year when I had just been diagnosed but didn't know what or how yet. That was wierd. I had to go off for a scan on one of the days. Max and I had lots of conversations then about life and death etc cos at the beginning they thought I may be a gonna very soon. Sod that for a game of soldiers so here I am a year later still fighting like a girl and back down there. Hooorah!

And into March...

When I get back,  I have to go for my pre operation assessment. 2nd.

The week after that is GC day Rolos at the ready and everything crossed he doesn't find anything. 9th (that is also my cancerversary of camera up the bum lady saying oh that's certainly abnormal ,Keep positive.. they can do a lot with radiotherpy these days... and then the nurse saying This is Little My she's just had to some bad news.. Ah I out 2 and 2 together and made cancer.... !)

The week after that is my operation to say bye to baggy and have my bum 'stretched' ouch. 16th

i week in hospital  and into April.. home for

6 weeks of daily dressing changes with nurses and no lifting etc

Then its my birthday hahaaaaa  (and P promised me kittens for my birthday last year but I didn't get them cos I was in hospital so he promised them for this year.. eeeeeeee! kittens she said in a high pitched squeak!

May

Assuming it all heals up properly... Then get to lift stuff again and swim again  whoooo hoooo and hope to god that I am not incontinent as GC thinks I will be, cos that will mean another operation to put baggy back again... get to poo again !

June

Then get married  (brown or whilte wedding dress may depend on the above :D ) Need to set a date but I am guessing May/June.

Then all the big scary scans and tests for the year anniversary and checking scary livers and the time it is most likely to come back.... but also the time when if it hasn't the odds shift in my favour quite a bit. I listen to the odds when they are in my favour... I am currently studiously ignoring them... :D   

Then take my class to Sweden whatever GC says.. for swimming in the sea and fun. Even if it has come back it can all damn well wait a couple of weeks for fun in the sun in Viking land....

and its the summer. :) and fun stuff :)

I can't have cancer, I am too busy..... ! 

I also have persuaded myself that I need a new shiny thing in the form of an iphone that works in Cantebury and Devon and hospital and Sweden so better go shopping eh?

I'll let you know about the day out with the normals tomorrow....

Little My xxx

ps are you impressed? I was wondering if I might use up all the words so tried to be really really succinct. Not bad eh? Bernard St bernard is trawling the blog with brandy anyway... cos you lot are alcies oh how do you spell that? alchies? al... hmmm.....  

Anonymous
  • LM  get in there girl and wear your clogs and jeans just be your fab self and how can they help but love you what's not to love eh show em your shiny face (not the shiny bum one of course)and you have your invincibles to protect you and all of us marching behind you with womble standard held proud and high

Odin is right you show em how it's done and I bet the students will want you as their teacher and all be asking can I come to your school please miss can I aw go on Miss please 

Good Luck with all the up and coming ops tests scans stretches and yes we have all that is humanly possible to cross crossed and then some

On your wedding day no one will be wished more happiness and I certainly will raise a glass if not a bucket to your health and happiness (wealth to for that matter as it can come in handy)

Much loveand big hugs

Cruton (OAFW)

Official armourer for warped

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good morning all,I have just dragged myself out of the mucky pit where i have been hiding for a few days...AKA my life.....and thought I should catch up on what you are all doing.  Just read your post LM as it was on the first page and now am worn out haha    so it looks like congrats are in order for ops and wedding...how you find time to teach is beyond me with all the meetings /courses and school trips.    I of course will be celebrating with everyone else and wont need persuading to have a small drink to toast your health wealth and happiness....and as the song goes 2 out of 3 aint bad.....so ok might have to be poor and happy but very healthy by then.    Now I am going to attempt to catch up with other people but if they have been as busy as you it might take some time.     PS can I be matron of honour or something.....I can wear clogs and dont own a pair of stillettos and would even buy a new pair of PJs for the occasion     XXXXX      Colette

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm glad to see that you're too busy for cancer.......that's a brilliant statement....I'll probably pinch that one...

congratulations on your wedding....will you be wearing your clogs...?

love and hugs

jackie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh, and you talk to me about shitty songs?!

I reckon that any lapses in your Proper School visit can be blamed on cancer, eg: I have to wear comfortable shoes, I have cancer. Etc.

Oh, my goodness, you have a rich and full life. I would comment on each and every event, but by the time I got here the St Bernard had run out of brandy, or drunk it all himself, the bugger. So I shall limit myself to a generic YAY for everything good, and BOLLOCKS TO THAT for everything bad. Which at least has the virtue of being succinct. That isn't normally one of my virtues. (Thinks: do I have any? Somehow I doubt it.)

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi LM,

Sorry I missed sending you a message before going on your new school visit, oh and thank you for sharing your diary!

If I had got to you in time I would have said you have to be yourself, I firmly believe we all have to be true to ourselves and if others don't like it then they can just faff off! Hopefully you have gone in with the womble pants and baggy will behave, and I wish you luck on that score.

As for the rest of your future activities, well isn't it nice to be busy! Whatever is going to happen to your backside is out of your control, so don't fret, but stay positive and hope for the best outcome. We will all be crossing everything for you (except my intestines again) and will be here for you. If you beat me to the reversal then I will be calling you Miss Dyson!

Of course we are looking forward to the wedding, will it be a posh one with catering by M&S or Waitrose(snigger)? What I missed on your post was when and where is the honeymoon? Will it be in a Yurt?

Tight Lines

Tim xxx