Test results

Less than one minute read time.
I've just had my results after surgery and my nurse says they are clear, have to have appointment at churchill ward regarding further treatments mainly chemo on the 2nd of september. will keep ou posted
Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi there, good news about the results!  I have been reading you profile and see you mention numbness, I don't think this ever goes away unfortunately.  I am nearly six years since dx and am still numb.  I hate touching under my arm.  As for chemo, you'll probably find that the worry over it is worse than the actual thing.  I know that everyone reacts differently to the drugs and I had a relatively easy time, but I hope it all goes well for you.  My biggest problem with chemo was constipation.  Good luck with the forthcoming treatment and feel free to send me a PM if you want to chat about anything.  Best wishes, Christine xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

After the op on the 30th I waited almost 3 weeks which seemed like a lifetime, I had to keep ringing and mithering them to tell me what was happening otherwise god knows how long I would have waited.  After the tests before my op though I never waited more than a week. What are you having done on the 24th

Best wishes  Maralyn, love Tina xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thank you to you all for your good wishes, I do wish I'd come here sooner,you are all so supportive and encouraging. Still sore under my arm and where the recon has been done but learning to live with it, my abdomen doesn't hurt half as much though guess I just keep taking the painkillers, not sure if i'm trying to do too much though as I now seem to be doing almost as much as when I went in hospital apart from walking outside.Hubby back at work and all the special treatment seems to have ground to a halt apart from coming with me to the hospital, am I expecting too much do you hink. Best wishes to all, anyone feel free to pm me. Tina xx