Mr Cushion, A Shopping trip, A Furry Hat and Acting Like Kids.........

3 minute read time.

First off I hope to god I can post a photo in here as I think you all need to see it!

I can see all your beautiful faces staring at the screen back at me! (I'm waving, keep smiling this nut job will be done soon) lol.

I got back from a weekend with my fiance yesterday, decided I would test the waters before I go away for 10days to Belfast. I came back and mum was actually on her feet feeling quite ok. Although still having some trouble with pain so will be getting that sorted before I leave.

So considering mum was feeling ok we decided a little trip out was in order i've spent the past few years buying from Mr Simms for her if you know who Mr Simms is you can tell my mum is a sweetie feind of the worst kind. So we empty out the boot its a fairly new car and we haven't tried getting the wheel chair in yet. (Mum now coming round to like the wheel chair means she can stay out for longer). Astra's by the way are good for wheel chairs may look like a small boot but its huge really! So we collect Mr Cushion (he's a sofa cushion mum has sat on in the wheel chair and hard seats including the car since the tumour started growing). Got one of her many lovely fleeces (edinburgh wool shop have the best, on sale at the moment too). Away we went.

Decided to head for Bluewater at that time of night people are slowly leaving and almost end up being empty so just nice leisurely walk around the shops. We take mum to Mr Simms as her first port of call! £20 worth of sweeties later we leave mum having charmed the lady in the shop and said she'd be looking forward to meeting her again and if there is anything she wants she is to call ahead and she will get it ready to save time.......... blah blah blah, I almost thought she was going to invite mum for a drink after work the way they were going on. Oh what a chuckle!

Mum then see's Accessorize "Oh look at those hats, Kirsty you need one for winter" I look puzzled and know full well this is going to be me trying on all the silly hats from bears to Russian furry ones in fact i'm sure if there had been a Fez my mum would have said "Oh yes that suits you too that'll keep you warm" So 101 hats later I finally get her to try one on. For starters it was way to big and covered her eyes and as I was the one with the camera on my phone it took me less the 3seconds to decide this is a memory to keep forever. I take the picture and I get teary eyed and tell mum i've had a allergic reaction to the fur! (If i cant post it here i'll try to find the photo gallery and put it on there) How funny she sits there in the wheelchair swinging these furry balls around in the middle of the shop. We were in fits.

It was great to have mum out and at times like these I can see MY MUM is still in there, she may be tired and in pain but she's still there. After the hat thing we all start acting like kids and am sure we came close to getting thrown out of shops. This included hawkins bizarre where mum was insistant on wheeling up and down the floor piano trying to make a tune and not just a racket lol. Any way the short of it is we had a fab time and loved every minute of it................................. (Until she fell asleep on the way home and we didn't realise, we were about to pull over on the M25 ready to call an ambulance scared the living daylights out of me! She slept all of the 20mins on the way home. We woke her up after getting up on the drive (bumpy ride) lol She woke saying "oh that was quick" lol No idea she scared us........... I just hope she can keep going like this, its trips like this that give me all the hope in the world..............

Keep Smiling Tiggs x p.s I hope there isn't 101 attached pictures here lol

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

my lovely hedgehog tigghogg Tiggs,

I smiled all the way through that and am smiling now. I am with your mum on the squashy cushions.. I carried one around with me everywhere for ages (not as big as a sofa cushion though ha ha) and reading your blog, I think I might like to be so naughty that you make me stay in with your mum in bed. he he. she sounds like a good mum to have. Can I share her?

She is your mum and always will be whatever this disease does along the way and here's to having all the hope in te world and Mr simms and funny hats and laughs.

Days like today are those good memories that help us through the bad days. Here's to more good memories.

still smiling

Big hug to you

Little My xxxx (If I am your auntie, then that makes your mum my sister... say hi to my sis from me please and tell her to have a sweetie on me)

Going to see if I can enlarge the photo cos its too tiny for me to see and don't want to lose all this garble by looking first... xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

ha ha just opened the photo... classic! Can I have one of those hats? I like it.

give your mum a hug from me and tell her she needs that hat and has to wear it out always... an order from me.

xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

But fezes are cool, don't you know that?

What a lovely post. It's so good to have some time out from all the horrid, scary stuff. Hope you and your mum get lots more like it.

*hugs*

- Hilary xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Sounds like a brilliant day. Glad it's not just me that gets a bit hyper in shopping centres - and makes a beeline for the sweeties!

Thanks for cheering me up with your blog.

Ann x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

What a nice day, and you really convey how happy it was for you all. A great memory to cherish.

I know blokes who wear hats like that fishing, though I pretend not to know them!

Tight Lines

Tim xxx