Thirtydom

• Oh so THIS is what stress feels like........

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Welcome to Ms Paranoid, and Mr crochettie. We've been expecting you....Pull up a seat, Miss Teary is already here. Apparently.... this is the world of stress.

Today we see the arrival of Paranoia and crochettie. Teary arrived this morning in the form of brushing my teeth, and then driving to work. Its terribly difficult to see when you're crying. Thanks to Ms Paranoid, I've managed to almost wreck a very…

• Haven't we been here before.....

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh you know the part. With the crying and the wailing. And the floor. Ah yes the floor. It seems to become my friend at moments in need. Rushing up to greet me with open arms. Loving, warm, and MAY I add, bloody hard.

I am starting to think there is a real market for a floor made of cushions. Oh, no wait, I believe that is called a sofa...............

I have been fine all weekend. I have even enjoyed the freedom…

• And so the planning begins...

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Right, Last night in words: Terminal, finite time, two wills written, funeral arrangements, palliative care, hospice, welfare, adaptations, life line, Macmillan nurses, benefits, insurance, walking, Sainsbury's, coffee, KFC, Cider.

Both Mum and Dad were incredibly grateful that I sat and sorted all this out. For me? I was able to feel useful. I have the ability to step back and process things. I am very…

• OH how the Pendulum swings......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Is it easier knowing that the end is coming or not?

Is it easier because you can prepare? You have a chance to say your final goodbyes. Last touches, last hugs, last kisses? Or is it easier having the proverbial plaster ripped off in one swift painful movement.

I don't know. Part of me wants it to be quick. The other part doesn't want it to be true. Part of me wants the news, 'Darling, he went suddenly in the night…

• When holding out isn't enough......

FormerMember
    FormerMember

You know that phrase when you 'holding out' for something. And you're praying and hoping that the news you don't want to hear, will never come?

Well it has come. In the form of a tsunami ripping its way through my conciousness and searing itself permantly upon my life. My Dad has until Autumn. Bugger me to obilivion. He told me himself. In very calm gentle tones. 'Its not good news darling. I've got until…