Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Guest post: My cancer journey, from diagnosis to giving something back

FormerMember
    FormerMember

One of our book reviewers, Janet, talks about her cancer journey and why she enjoys helping to produce Macmillan’s cancer information. All of the information Macmillan writes is read and reviewed by people affected by cancer, to ensure that it’s clear, accessible and relevant to people’s experiences.

Hello. My name is Janet and I was diagnosed with both breast cancer and colorectal cancer in 2004…

• Out and about at the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning

FormerMember
    FormerMember

The World’s Biggest Coffee Morning takes place every September and is Macmillan’s biggest fundraising day. This year, the event has raised more than eight and a half million pounds – and that’s just what’s been counted so far.

From cafes to banks, and places of worship to people’s own homes, there were coffee mornings happening at a variety of venues all over the country. Coffee mornings…

• Breast cancer awareness month

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Are you a Corrie fan? Then you’ve probably seen that Maria, one of the most popular young characters on the ITV soap Coronation Street, discovered a lump in her breast last week. If, like Maria, you’ve been affected by breast cancer, we can help you too. Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer in women in the UK so you’re not alone.

If you’ve been diagnosed – or if you’re worried about your…

• Guest post: With you, when you need us

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In April this year, the Macmillan Cancer Centre opened at University College Hospital. Joanne from the Cancer Information Development team has been volunteering there herself and has seen what a wonderful environment it is and how much people appreciate the support they receive there. In this blog, Joanne talks about the centre and the range of support it offers.

I've been volunteering at the UCH Macmillan Cancer…

• International Literacy Day was on Saturday 8th September. What did you read?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

A book? A magazine? A text? Or a webpage? Whether you turn pages or click buttons, chances are you take in information every day by reading.

Literacy is a human right. It empowers people to understand. But many individuals or communities lack literacy skills, for various different reasons.

Here at Macmillan, we want to reach every single person affected by cancer with our support and information. So we’re always thinking…