Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Get involved – join our community of cancer information reviewers!

FormerMember
    FormerMember

As Editorial Assistants at Macmillan, one of the highlights of our day is chatting to reviewers. Whether we’re talking about cancer treatment, the best way to improve our information or even weighing up the pros and cons of Zumba, working with such a lovely group of people is guaranteed to put a smile on our faces.

What is a reviewer?

Every single one of our publications gets reviewed by relevant medical experts…

• The great challenge of China - by Debbie in Macmillan's Cancer Information team

FormerMember
    FormerMember

On the 11th April 2014, I stood tall on a peak of the Great Wall of China. It was the culmination of a year’s worth of fundraising efforts and five years to the day since I’d watched my dad lose his fight with cancer. Five and a half years earlier, I had watched my mum do the same. That was when my family were first introduced to the vital work Macmillan do.

Photograph of Great Wall of China

Walking the Great Wall of China had always been…

• If you're feeling low

FormerMember
    FormerMember

Cancer is tough. It doesn’t just affect your body; it’s an emotional upheaval too. But there are things you can do to help yourself cope, from simply reading a web page, to trying to open up to someone close. In this blog, we explore these and other tips for coping with a low mood.

Whether you are a carer or someone directly affected by cancer, working through a cancer diagnosis can be a very difficult time…

• Do you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

We need your help to improve our cancer information. 

Photo of some Macmillan booklets

We produce information about cancer types and treatments, as well as emotional, practical and financial issues. You might have already read some of this information, in our booklets or on our website.

Sometimes there are differences between the laws or health services across the four nations of the UK. We’ve recently changed the way we write about these differences…

• Are you under 18 and caring for someone with cancer?

FormerMember
    FormerMember

This year’s Carers Week sees the first ever Young Carers Awareness Day – today! There are hundreds of thousands of young people in the UK right now who, at the same time as growing up, taking exams and thinking about their future, are also caring for an adult who’s ill or disabled.

If someone close to you is living with cancer, you may be one of the people who helps to look after them. For some, that…