Macmillan's Cancer Information Blog

• Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month 2016

FormerMember
    FormerMember

November is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month, and World Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Day is on 17th November. Around 8,800 people in the UK are diagnosed with pancreatic cancer each year.

In this blog, our editor Sadie will take you through some key information about pancreatic cancer, including the types, risk factors and symptoms. She’ll also let you know where you can get more information and support.

What is…

• Financial support from Macmillan

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog, content developer Sarah talks about our financial guidance information.

Financial worries are often a big area of concern if you are affected by cancer. If you need to stop working or reduce your hours because of treatment, that might mean you have less money coming in. You might also find you’re spending more on heating your house, or transport to get to appointments.

Having a reduced income could…

• International Brain Tumours Awareness Week

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog, Faiza, one of our editorial assistants, focuses on the risk factors and possible causes of brain tumours, the symptoms that people generally experience, where to get more information and support, and more about what you can do for International Brain Tumours Awareness Week.

This week is International Brain Tumours Awareness Week, which is dedicated to raising awareness and understanding of brain tumours…

• Your stories - Jazz 'Breasts, Blogs, Baking and Buddies'

FormerMember
    FormerMember

October is breast cancer awareness month, and today we have a guest blog from Jazz. She shares her experience of breast cancer, from diagnosis through to her incredible fundraising efforts after treatment. 

"I'd love to do a blog" I said, and I would!
    "I've got so much to say" I said, and I have!
    "Go on then Jazz, you've got 500 words!"
    Aha, ho hum, hmm… I'll begin at the beginning…

• Go Sober for October

FormerMember
    FormerMember

In this blog, our editorial assistant Amy-Louise talks about Go Sober for October, and explains why becoming a Soberhero is such a great idea!

So summer has come to an end and Christmas is, terrifyingly, just around the corner! As sunny beer gardens are no longer as attractive, and as there’s still a bit of time until festive fun gets underway, October is the perfect time to think about having a drink detox.

Go…